Author Topic: Activity ideas for 4yr old, 2.5 yr old  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Lewa2

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Activity ideas for 4yr old, 2.5 yr old
« on: October 04, 2013, 02:11:43 am »
So hubby is away for a week and I have to entertain a 4yr old active boy, a 2.5 yr old mixed bag girl (who has just started toilet training) and a 10 week old with uncontrolled reflux by myself!! I'm after activity ideas that we can do together. Baby will be in a sling pretty much that whole time, so I can't participate much.

We do the usual - kick a soccer ball around, go to the park, blow bubbles, paint, draw, do puzzles, watch tv, independent play, etc. but I'd like some really different ideas if anyone has them?

Thanks for your ideas :)

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Activity ideas for 4yr old, 2.5 yr old
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 10:00:29 am »
are you near a railway line. At that age, I got a lot of mileage out of taking them on a short train trip to another suburb, picking up a coffee/snack or having a picnic at a park & then going home.

Is it warm enough for water play, mine loved being in the "shell" with about 15cm of water, or even a few buckets & cups & sponges?

Could you do "play cooking" making glup with cornflour & water, or just a bowl of dried stuff like rice, pasta etc that they measure & pour into a bowl & pretend to cook... my DS1 had hours of fun with that at 2yo when DS2 was a newborn... he even played in the "snow" outside with a whole lot of flour.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Lewa2

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Re: Activity ideas for 4yr old, 2.5 yr old
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 22:07:43 pm »
Thanks Katet they ate great ideas. It's so good to do something different as they do tend to get bored easily. We filled up the sandpit yesterday after months of being empty and the kids spent almost 2 hours playing in it.