Author Topic: 7 month old naps gone wrong - more A time AGAIN?!  (Read 5394 times)

Offline TB9

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
Re: 7 month old naps gone wrong - more A time AGAIN?!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 18:26:25 pm »
I dont reduce A time, and I consider it 1 nap :)

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 18:59:23 pm »
Cool, thanks.  Never sure what to do with those and we're getting a few at the moment!

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 10:59:35 am »
Hooray! I've found the secret to getting jack to take long naps!  Plan to go out!  Wanted to take J to get weighed this morning,  clinic finishes in 5 minutes and he's 1hr 15 into a nap!  :)

Seriously though,  not sure what it means but pd at 3 hrs 40 again today (made sure we weren't slightly early like yesterday) and it's finally worked!  We had a good night last night as well.  He had a rare 12 hour night,  with one nf and he woke at 5.45 am and resettled himself which has literally never happened at that time of the morning!  I put him down after 2 hrs 50 in the end last night so maybe he needed a lower A time before bed like you both said?  Anyway, no idea what A time to try for his afternoon nap now but I'll try and keep the A before bed to around 3 hours if he has a good nap,  or 2 hrs 45 if he has a short nap do you think?

Thank you for all your help so far :D

ETA: He's just woken now after 1hr 20  :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 11:04:39 am by LovelyLilyandJack »

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 11:32:14 am »
Great improvement!! So glad you had a restful night and hooray for the long nap!!

I'm going to try the same as you today and do 3.40 first A and probably decrease A times as the day continues...hoping ill have the same luck :)

So happy for you!!!

Offline TB9

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 12:27:22 pm »
Yay  ;D

A before pm nap is always different.  I have figured out that she likes to go down between 4:30 and 5pm, even if she takes a monster nap (she slept 2hr40min for her am nap yesterday!). Then I let her sleep as late as 5:30pm.

Yes, with a 45min cn dd2 can do about 3hrs A before bed.  Anything shorter she needs a lot less, lastnight I had to wake her after 30min for her cn and she could only do about 2hr20min after.  Where I went wrong with dd1 during this phase was never being able to get that A after the cn right...I am glad dd2 at least gives very clear sleepy cues, maybe that means I can hang onto this cn longer than I did with dd1  :P

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 13:09:42 pm »
Jack gives practically no sleepy signs unless he's really really tired or OT :( And he's always happy before bed which is nice but makes judging BT very hard!  Little monkey!  I think I'm going to try 3 hrs 25 A for his next nap cos he usually needs 10-15 minutes less than his first A and I'll see what happens with that. But there won't be time for a full nap anyway so I'll just let him sleep til 4 again (if he'll do it) and judge bedtime from there.

Tink - what time do you do BT after that last nap? 8.30?  Just trying to backward engineer that for a 7pm bedtime!

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 13:10:41 pm »
Oh,  and good luck mandy!  I'll keep an eye on your thread to see how you get on x

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 13:15:34 pm »
When you say CN, you all are meaning the second (pm)nap as a CN, correct?

Offline TB9

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 13:46:52 pm »
Bedtime is usually around 8pm.  It gives us w/u anytime between 7am and 8am most days.

Mandy - yes, I am considering dds pm nap a cn these days :)

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 14:27:34 pm »
Thanks Tink! I gotta agree that you are the expert on this matter! I'm following the advice you're giving LLAJ and it's working for us as well :)

Keep the advice/tips coming!!! I'd love to get my DS on the same routine as your DD2...
I'll be following along!

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2013, 15:20:50 pm »
Much better day today :) He actually looked tired at around 2 hrs 50 and by 3 hrs 15 had yawned 3 times so I put him down.  I let him sleep til 4.10 just to see if he'd get past a full sleep cycle and he did, so obviously his sleepy signs were reliable for once!  So I guess the fact that I don't see any in the morning could be cos he prefers a longer A then, cos he's been very happy all day :) We'll see how tonight goes but feeling much better about today so far.

Offline TB9

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 16:00:17 pm »
 ;D

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 17:24:07 pm »
Such great news! I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps! Fingers crossed for a great night for Jack! What A time did you use right before bed?

Are you going to up your morning A at all or leave it at 3.40? I feel like mine could use another tiny push but wasn't sure if I should wait another day??

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 19:06:30 pm »
I went for 2 hrs 50 again cos he seemed quite tired before bed. Happy enough but rubbing his eyes and pulling his ears a bit.  So we'll see.... I'm going to stick with 3 hrs 40 unless sleep goes wonky again cos he's been happy but definitely ready for his afternoon nap and bed today. If he sleeps ok tonight I'll do the same A times tomorrow cos I suspect he has some background OT to work out still. If his naps start shortening again I think again!

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 19:18:04 pm »
Thanks for the update! His first nap was an hour and 20, and how long was his second nap?