Author Topic: airplane travel with 10.5 month old???  (Read 2063 times)

Offline cosmicangel007

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
airplane travel with 10.5 month old???
« on: October 15, 2013, 01:34:35 am »
i'll be traveling with DH and LO in 8 days from New York to Colorado and then back 6 days later
its 3.5 - 4 hour flights

i'm looking for ideas of toys/games/entertainment for LO while on the flight.
we bought him a seat so we will be traveling with his car seat so hopefully he will be very comfortable :/

in the car i usually sing to him if he gets fussy... not sure i'll be doing that on the plane.
i also have a mirrored sound lullaby that helps him fall asleep while driving, not sure i can use that either on the plane, or any sort of sound machine... don't want to bother others around us, you know.  We do have little earmuffs we use when seeing live music that i plan on bringing with us to help with the noise, hopefully that will help him.  while in the car we usually only get 45-1 hour or so of sleep time and then when the car stops he wakes relatively soon.

these days he usually likes to play the game, hold, drop, me pick up, hold drop, me pick.... i know that will not work on the plane...

i know i need a few things he already loves then new things he's never seen (for both there and back)
but my problem is WHAT?
he doesn't hold a crayon yet... eats it
loves musical instruments, wont work on planes.

ANY IDEAS? things that worked for you?  PLEASE Help!  thanks.

Offline skatty

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
Re: airplane travel with 10.5 month old???
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 07:09:23 am »
Here is a great sticky from the activity board about flying with a  LO and I will move the thread there too  ;) :

Travel tips and activities for a baby/toddler - BY AIR
Katt

Offline cosmicangel007

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 16:35:54 pm »
thanks i read through all the posts you shared.
i'm still not getting anything specific of 'things' to bring on the plane with us.  i know snacks and drinks but toys? do you have any suggestions?  thanks

Offline Shdef

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 17:23:51 pm »
We always bought toys ONLY for air travel at that age. Had a "surprise" suitcase and would pop out one after the other when he got bored.  Cheap and 2nd hand, plastic stuff that can be thrown away afterwards. And lollipops. DS was an angel baby, but he has never, ever slept on a plane, not even at five weeks, and definitely not at ten months. Had a buggy nap before the flight and after the flight, travelled in PJs until 2 years old. We flew a lot.