Author Topic: 11MO NW due to 2-1 transition?  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Clairehv

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Mum to 2 girls. DD1 Sept 2012, DD2 May 2016
Re: 11MO NW due to 2-1 transition?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 15:31:45 pm »
Great post. I have a 13 month old and we are struggling with long NW's (due to teeth I think) but was also thinking we maybe nearing the 2-1 transition so this was interesting to read before I post my own query
Claire

Offline m.ned

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 20:31:36 pm »
Hey! Thank you ladies so much for the support. The routine has definitely been wonky and changes from day to day, but that just works for us right now. Most days we are on a 45min morning nap and 1.5hour afternoon nap and that has been working well. However, a few days last week (and alot in the past month), LO has had an early waking. It's usually 5/5:30. Sometimes he will get up for the day at that time, but what has been happening is I think he is ready to get up for the day so I get him up to feed him only for him to fall back asleep! When this happens, he'll sleep until 8! Yesterday he had only one nap, was in bed and asleep by 7pm, woke up this morning at 530, nursed and went back to sleep until 815am. We were going to shoot for one nap today, but he only slept for 45 minutes when he went down at noon, so we will probably have to squeeze in an afternoon nap somewhere! Yikes!

My question is, DH and I have been NW. We were successful with getting him through the entire night without eating on Saturday night (yes!) but this morning was weird. He woke at 4am and resettled himself (yes!), then like I said woke at 530am. I don't know what to do, whether to treat it as an EW due to the routine or as another NW. What do you ladies think?

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 11MO NW due to 2-1 transition?
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 23:10:17 pm »
For now I would probably treat it as a night feed. Could you maybe increase solid/milk intake during the day or perhaps offer a light snack before bedtime (like some yoghurt). That early morning feed is the last and the hardest one to break :-\

20/06/2012 - my angel baby