Author Topic: 11 mo still waking for one feed in the night - normal?  (Read 1040 times)

Offline mtemte

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
11 mo still waking for one feed in the night - normal?
« on: October 24, 2013, 11:01:29 am »
Im not sure if this is the right board for this but here goes...

I have just put LO through sleep training and she is doing so well. Its only been 5 days or so since she has been sleeping by herself so I want to make sure to tackle one issue at a time. She is still waking once a night for a feed, which is nothing in comparison to how our nights used to look but Im just wondering if this is normal at this age?

She used to be a reflux sufferer so it has always been little and often. Her daytime intake looks like this:
7.15am WU 3-5oz bottle (differs from day to day)
8am breakfast (toast or cereal)
10.45 3oz bottle (just to be sure that she is not hungry for her nap)
11am Sleep 1.5 - 2 hours
2.30 Lunch
4.30 7oz bottle
4.30 Sleep (30 - 45 mins)
7pm Dinner
8 - 8.30pm 7oz bottle at BT
3-4am 4-6oz bottle

She is obviously not very hungry in the morning as she has her night feed but would you suggest I try to wean her off the night feed? Im afraid I might be taking away valuable milk intake by taking away the night feed as she has never taken any more than 7oz in one sitting and she is just on the borderline of the minimum intake of 20oz if she does not have the night feed... But her meals are pretty small and Im wondering if this is because she has only ever eaten small amounts from day one or is it because she is taking too much milk?

Any suggestions please?

Offline brummum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 56
Re: 11 mo still waking for one feed in the night - normal?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 12:09:50 pm »
I wouldn't be in a rush to wean it hon if you are making such good progress with sleep training. A lot of little ones keep a night feed til this age or later. If milk intake is interferring with solids though I might think about offering that morning feed an hour after breakfast rather than before and drop the one before her nap and bring lunch a little earlier to when she gets up from nap. Then bottle at 3/3:30 so its further away from dinner too. Just what I would do!

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 12:51:24 pm »
I'd keep it for a while unless she starts waking more frequently 'asking for' milk. We kept Audrey's 5am feed until she turned 18 months!!

Offline mtemte

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 13:41:48 pm »
Thank you ladies.... so would you drop the feed first thing in the morning, give her breakfast and then giver her a full 7oz before her first nap? That would probably make more sense....