Author Topic: 6 month old waking every hour  (Read 879 times)

Offline michcabby

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 27, 2013, 07:07:18 am »
Hello!
We are on week 2 of the PUPD method and had great success the first few days. LO went from 4-5 NWs to 1-2, and we were able to pat her back to sleep for an additional 45 minutes for her two naps.
The past few days, however, she has started waking nearly every hour at night. It's as if something is bothering her but I can't figure out what. She wants to go to sleep and doesn't fight me on it, but she has such a hard time settling, and when I think she's finally out, she starts shifting and shuffling around. This happens nearly every hour. She'll usually lose her binky in the process, I replace it and she goes right back to sleep, but I still wish I knew what was bothering her.
She has never had any colic or reflux that we know of.
Someone please help! Yes it's exhausting for us but I feel terrible for my little one who isn't getting the quality sleep she used to.

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 6 month old waking every hour
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 23:32:16 pm »
Hi there,

Sorry to hear about all the night wakings! Would you please be able to post your routine? Also, does she rely on the paci to get back to sleep? It is quiet normal for them to wake at night in between sleep cycles but I wonder if the paci is a prop and she needs it to get back to sleep? Have you recently introduced solids? Is she constipated at all?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline michcabby

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 15:17:39 pm »
Thanks for the response!
I do think the paci is a prop, but she's never woken up so much like this before. She'd use it to fall asleep, then she's spit it out and pass out for 8 hours. We've tried weaning her off of the pacifier but she was miserable for 3 days strait, it just didn't seem worth it at the time. We have just started introducing solids, but it's mostly fruits and veggies, and she's never been constipated so I'd be surprised if that was the cause.
7:30-8am- up
8- BF
8:30- solids
10:30-12- nap
12- BF
12:30- solids
3-4:30- nap
4:30- BF
5:30- solids
7:30- bedtime
(Fusses and wakes usually 3-4 times before 2am
2am- BF
5:30- BF
(Usually fusses and wakes 1-2 times until 8)

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 6 month old waking every hour
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 23:12:16 pm »
Hmmm routine looks good but I would suggest cutting out the solids in the evening. With solids its only meant for try, especially since you've just started and I would only do 2 meals (if that) for now.

We started solids about a week before 6 months and we're only on 2 meals and I'm only offering 1-2 tablespoons per meal and breakfast and lunch only. Try to cut back on solids and cut out the last meal to see if that will help as it is quiet possible that is what's causing the discomfort.

It may also be that the paci has now become a prop but try less solids first and maybe the other option is to either wean the paci or try and teach her how to replug on her own.

Do you think she may be teething at all?

What do you think?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 23:13:55 pm by Layla »

20/06/2012 - my angel baby