Author Topic: 28months and sleep gone haywire.....please help!  (Read 634 times)

Offline Little bit

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
28months and sleep gone haywire.....please help!
« on: November 05, 2013, 12:19:35 pm »
Hi everyone I'm new on here and I really need your help and advice. I have a 28 month old DS who from 6 months slept through from 7.30 till 7.30. He went down independently and always resettled himself on early waking. Even the move to a big bed went smoothly with no leaving his bed until the morning. However we recently moved house and it has all gone wrong. He no longer goes to sleep independently, screams for me in the middle I the night usually twice a night and has started waking up at 5ish.
We have got a gro clock and it doesn't help. We have tried controlled crying (feel awful the whole time were doing it) and he can scream for 5 hours, after which time I usually end up giving in and sit with him. If I sit with him he will be asleep in minutes but I work long hours and need more than a few hours sleep a night....

I just don't know what to try next.. This has been going on for about 2 months now and it is starting to take its toll on me and my partner...
Please can you give me some advice....

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
Re: 28months and sleep gone haywire.....please help!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 06:53:01 am »
Hi there,
Please could you post your current routine with wake up, nap and BT so we can see what is going on.
Does he have all his teeth?
I do have to point out that BW is strictly opposed to any form of CC or CIO as the original BW'er Tracy Hogg believed it broke trust between parent and child.
Look forward to seeing your routine.

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!