Author Topic: 12 week old gone bad constant night feeds  (Read 1141 times)

Offline KookyK

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
12 week old gone bad constant night feeds
« on: November 08, 2013, 07:00:15 am »
DS used to wake twice at night to feed 2am and 5.30 having gone to bed 7.30-8.30. He had a virus two weeks ago and has been gradually getting worse since then. I've had two nights of two hourly feeds. Meh I'm so tired. He also has a wakeful patch due to wind around 5am.

He often falls asleep at the breast and I have got into a bit of a habit of using this as a prop to get him off.

His routine is sort of
A 7.15
S on school run 8.45-10.15
S 12-1 or1.30 been working on nap extending
S 3-4 or 4.30
S 5 or 5.30 for 20-45 mins

He feeds 2.5-3 hourly. He doesn't have reflux. He has a dummy and has started to need that re plugged at night since being ill.

I've had days where he's napped more and days where he's napped less but not much difference at night.

I've posted elsewhere but no replies.
DD jan 2008
DS August 2013

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: 12 week old gone bad constant night feeds
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 08:34:09 am »
I see you already have a thread here with a reply that is awaiting a response from you so perhaps you missed it? Getting 12 week old into bedtime in cot not carseat

I think this is more a sleep/prop issue that an actually feeding issue so I am going to lock this thread and then we can keep all your advice in the same place. Anyone wishing to offer help to kookyk can jump on the thread linked above.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011