Author Topic: Only 7 feedings at 4 weeks?  (Read 833 times)

Offline shannoncorrin

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: November 11, 2013, 20:46:34 pm »
I have been looking over my routine. I typically feed my 4 week old around
7 am
10am
1pm
4pm
7pm
10pm
3:30 am
then again at 7 am

This is only 7 times in a 24 hour period, and it should be 8.  I have noticed that the Babywhisperer 4 week schedule (in the book) is only 7 feedings as well.  I cant seem to fit an eighth one in.  he has been doing this routine for the past 5 days.  He adapted it himself, I did not create  this schedule.  Last week he had been gaining weight fine and having good diapers.  I have to have him weighed this week to make sure he is still doing okay.  diapers seem okay, he hasnt had as much poop in his diaper, but he has had rougly the same number.  Should I be concerned? 

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Only 7 feedings at 4 weeks?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 20:51:21 pm »
I wouldn't be concerned.  Guidelines are just that, not an exact recommendation for what your specific LO needs.  DD often had around 7 feeds in 24h from quite early on.  Are you feeding on demand?  If he is happy and satisfied after feeds, gaining weight, having plenty of wet diapers and normal breastfed baby poop (yellow with seeds in) then I would concentrate more on those things and not worry about the exact number of feeds in a 24h period :). Bear in mind there are lots of growth spurts in the first few weeks so if he starts to demand more frequently then just go with it x