Author Topic: Getting back to sleep??  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Nikkisb11

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 13, 2013, 07:59:45 am »
Hello! My 9 month old son usually wakes between 12-1 for a night feeding. (I almost had him broke of it until he got sick). After he eats I put him back down but about 15 minutes later he starts fussing. So I calm him down and leave the room. This cycle can repeat itself from 1-4 times until he falls back asleep finally.
He goes to a babysitter during the day as I have to work so I'm not sure his exact schedule. I know he has a morning nap probably about 9 and an afternoon nap probably about 2.  His bottle times are probably 6am, 9am, 12pm,3:30pm and 7:30.  He goes to bed at 7:30 as I was previously advised on here which worked great for awhile from keeping him up in the middle of the night.

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
Re: Getting back to sleep??
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 10:30:15 am »
Hmm- A couple of things i'm wondering- Do you think he could have gas or something after that night waking? Also- are you planning of dropping the night feed? After about 9 months you can do someting like offer him a bottle of water instead of milk or something similar? This might mean that he isn;t waking at all?

Do you think you could ask the baby sitter to keep a log for a couple of days (as in only 1-2 days) then we can see exactly what is happening with the day sleeps. I'm wondering if the AM sleep might be a little early for his age and he might need a bit more AM A time...
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 10:32:30 am »
Oh- and also. you don't HAVE to wean that night feed- only if you are sick of the night waking... he shouldn't NEED the intake at this age as he should be getting enough through the day with the other milk and solids..
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline Nikkisb11

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 18:47:01 pm »
I will ask the babysitter about keeping a log for me!
How much water can I give him at night? I pretty much had broke the night feedings until he got sick and then that's the only thing I could get to comfort him so they started up again.  He downs his 6oz of formula quickly so that's why I'm wondering how much water.  And should I pick him up and hold when I give him the water like I do with his bottle or just give it to him in his crib since its just water?
Do you think 7:30 is still a good bedtime? Is he at the age to transition to one long nap during the day?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 18:47:18 pm by Nikkisb11 »

Offline Nikkisb11

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 17:50:20 pm »
Hello!  The nap schedule from the past few days:
Day 1
9:15-10:50
2:10-3:40

Day 2
10-12
4-4:45

Day 3
9:15-11:25
2:50-3:30

Now he has started waking between 11-12 and then again between 3-4.  He wants a bottle but if I give him a cold bottle he will only drink an ounce or so but if I give him a room temp bottle then he will eat the whole thing both times.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 02:44:53 am »
How much are both of the bottles at night? How many oz is he taking suring the day? Also just wondering why your nap times varied so muxh over a few days? What easy are you trying to use?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Nikkisb11

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 15:12:16 pm »
The bottles are 6 ounces each at night but if I pull them straight from the fridge instead of room temp he will only eat 1-2 ounces the first bottle and 1-4 ounces the second feeding, otherwise its the full 6 ounces.
The reason for the varied nap times...day 1 was Friday with his normal babysitter, day 2 was Saturday but he slept late that morning so he wouldn't go down at his normal 9:15 nap which pushed back his afternoon nap.  He was with my friend on Day 3 during his afternoon nap so I could run an errand so that kinda threw things off.