Author Topic: 5 1/2 month old night wakings. Im at my wits  (Read 1052 times)

Offline jujububbles

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5 1/2 month old night wakings. Im at my wits
« on: November 13, 2013, 15:06:19 pm »
I'm at my wits end my lo hasn't slept for more than an hour at a time for the past 10 weeks. I would really appreciate any assistance. Things have recently taken a turn for the worse as he's now also not settling for naps. He slept all night from 7 weeks to about 4 months of age and then just started to wake at night occasionally and now it's every night about every 20 minutes. I just don't know what to do.

Is he napping too much/ not enough? Is his A too much not enough.

I was so tired yesterday that I let him sleep with us in the bed.

As you can see EASY is all over the place. A lot of the time it's AES and I just don't know how to change it.

How old is your child? Ds is 5 1/2 months

What’s his/her daily routine?
E 7 6oz plus rice
A 7.15-8.00
S 8.00- 9.30 1.5 hrs

A 9.30-11.00
E 11.00 4oz
A very little as bottle just finishes and two hours are up
S 11.30- 12.15 45 mins this has recently changed to just 30 mins

A 12-15 -1.45/2.00
E 1.45/ 2.00 (depends on length of previous nap )3/4 OZ 1 -2TBS OF fruit puree with rice
A very little as it's now nap time
S 2.30 - 4.00 1.5 hrs (this has recently changed to 45 mins)

A this depends on length of nap
E ,4.45/5.00 6 oz
a 4.30-6.30
E 6.30 cluster feed 5 oz plus savoury puree
A bath
E 2ND CLUSTER FEED AND BED 7/7.30
He always wakes about an hour later roaring crying and then again at 12-1, 3,4 and another random time

Do you bottle or breastfed?? Bottle

What’s your LO like when waking at night?first waking crying takes up to an hour to settle. then in the middle of the night it's play time.

When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? Sounds like a mantra cry
What have you tried to settle?? Pick up put down but not for night wakings if I pick up he thinks it's play time. I just make sure he's warm enough and give him his soother.

What do you do for A time as above up to 2 hrs each time, we go for walks 2-3 times a day, jumperoo and tummy time, singing, sometimes even go for a swim. It makes no difference to length of nap or night waking. 
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? Teeth coming down
Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months) - cereal first thing in the morning, he generally doesn't take much 
Do they have a prop? If so what is it? Pacifier
Do they have a lovie? Yes a teddy he sleeps with

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 5 1/2 month old night wakings. Im at my wits
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 12:48:37 pm »
Hi there and welcome :)

It sounds like he's in the 3-2 nap transition period...and also there are a few solid meals, which may be causing him some discomfort?

Have a look at this link and let me know if you have any questions :)
 All about the 3-2 transition- 5/6 months
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 12:51:00 pm by Layla »

20/06/2012 - my angel baby