Author Topic: Missing a Feed...What to Do?  (Read 777 times)

Offline MamaAshley

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 14, 2013, 03:51:52 am »
I have a 2 and a half week old. I am trying her on the EASY routine...3 days in. So far so good! What do I do if I am out and not able to get to one of the feelings right on time? How do I adjust?

Thanks!

Ashley

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Missing a Feed...What to Do?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 04:19:22 am »
EASY is more about keeping the routine in the same order, not about precise clock times.  Even though I follow EASY, I still feed on demand (bf) and just try to keep the E and S separate. We still dont have very set times...similar day to day for sure but not exact.
Heidi

Offline Proud Mammy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Re: Missing a Feed...What to Do?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 13:56:20 pm »
I'd agree with Heidi. The order is more important than precise timings....especially if Baby is not Textbook. Your baby is still very young so for right now, just being conscious to try not to feed to sleep is probably plenty. At that stage I was making a conscious effort to do nappy after the feed by day and I'd change his nappy before feeding him at night time too - thinking that it would signal a difference between day and night. If that makes sense?

Offline MamaAshley

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 02:28:04 am »
Thank you to both of you! It's good to know there is more flexibility than I initially thought!