Author Topic: Baby refusing bottle  (Read 1570 times)

Offline Missxiii

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 14, 2013, 20:16:41 pm »
My LO will be 6 months on the 30th and last Sunday her two front  bottom teeth broke through the gum. Since then, she is drinking less and less from the bottle, and today she is refusing it all together. I offer her some rice cereal after every feeding and she dos eat it(about a tablespoon mixed with formula). I've also offered green beans and she will eat the entire stage 1 container. However, I'm afraid she is not eating enough because she started waking up at night(she has slet thought the night since very young) and then she had a full feeding (5oz). I still wait 3-3.5 hours between feeding. Ay advise? She is also abut fussy. Should I take her to the dr?  Thanks
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 20:39:40 pm by Missxiii »

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Baby refuting bottle
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 07:03:48 am »
Can you tell me what her day is like?

At this age she should be on a 4 hourly bottle feeding routine with solids just being introduced once or twice a day. It could be that she is having a bit too much solids and that means she isn't hungry enough for milk. The waking at night will be due to not enough milk rather than not enough solids as milk has more fats/ calories than the solids.

It could well be the teething, you could try teething gel on her gums just before a feed to see if that helps.

I would stop all solids for now though, get her milk intake back to where it should be (around 24oz at least) and then slowly re-introduce solids.

Laura

Offline Missxiii

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 20:43:39 pm »
Thanks!!! I've been trying to move her to 4 hours since 4 months, but it has been very difficult. She has only taken max 4-4.5oz, so I'm not sure she can go so long in between, after 3-3.5 hours she gets very uncomfortable to the point of crying. She is also a chronic 45-min napper so many times, I confuse hunger/tiredness cues. Any tips?