Author Topic: Going to bed issues  (Read 1749 times)

Offline ana17682

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 17, 2013, 04:20:21 am »
My daugther will be 8 weeks old on tuesday, i started her on easy since birth and it has worked great except for our bed time routine. I tried cluster feeds to make her last longer at night but she wouldnt take it. She has never taken a dream feed eather. For about a week now, when i giver her her night time bottle at 7:30, i lay her down but doesnt seem to be in a deep sleep and fusses for a while, finally a little before 9pm she wakes up and seems to be hungry, so she eats 2 more oz and then she sleeps till around 1 am. I just feel like her bed time routine is lasting 2 hours now... Should i worry about this? Should i change something? I wish i could just put her to bed at 7:30 and then give her a dream feed at 10ish, but she's not lasting that long... How do i make that happen?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Going to bed issues
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 13:57:19 pm »
How much does she take at a normal feed?

She's still very little, it's quite common to need shorter feeds and not all babies take to cluster feeds and the dreamfeed.

What's your days like at the moment?

Laura

Offline ana17682

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 19:00:34 pm »
Right now she's eating between 4 to 5 oz every 2.5 to 3 hours. She behaves really good both during the day (following easy) and at nigth when she's starting to sleep longer periods of time. The last week she has been eating every single drop of the 5oz bottle at bed time and when i lay her down she fusses until finally she wakes up to have another 2oz, then she finally falls sleep. She was 7lbs 7oz at birth, and she's a big eater, should i give her more at bed time to make her last longer so i can do a dream feed?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Going to bed issues
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 19:02:35 pm »
If she is draining that bedtime bottle then I would add another oz or 2 - it could be that she just needs that bit extra to settle properly!

Laura

Offline ana17682

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 04:04:47 am »
Will definitely try that... Thank you!