Author Topic: 9 mo old- not sure if normal  (Read 944 times)

Offline martinaire

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: November 18, 2013, 21:57:07 pm »
My LO is 9 mo old. She has not yet "slept through the night" in that she does not sleep for 10-12 hours without waking up and crying. Here is a typical run down of how the night goes.

7:30- Bath, pajamas, nursing, short book, lights out, white noise

I put her to bed awake and let her fall asleep on her own. Sometimes she freaks out when I leave. I wait a bit to see if she calms herself down. If not I go back in rub her back until she stops crying and she falls asleep.

2:00-3:00- Wakes up

5:00-6:00- Wakes up

When she wakes up I go inside pick her up feed her and put her right back to bed. I don't talk to her and I don't make eye contact.

7:00-8:00 Wakes up for the day

What I can't figure out is whether her night waking is normal and how I can fix it. I am at my wits end. I'm grateful she does sleep a huge chunk of time but it just is unfortunate that chunk just so happens to be when I'm not sleeping.

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 9 mo old- not sure if normal
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:29:59 am »
Hi there,

Every baby is different...at 9 months dd1 stopped waking up for feeds but dd2 still had 1 NF until around 11/12 months. Does she have a full feed? Have you tried to resettle her without feeding? Would you be able to post your daytime routine as well, including what she eats?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby