Author Topic: 11 week old, feed, and poops  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Kaylyn

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: November 19, 2013, 21:54:42 pm »
Hi,

I have searched and am clueless. He is my 2nd baby. I never had issues with my dd. He drinks 2 or 3 oz on the first feed. Most of the time he drinks about 4 oz and once a day he has 6oz.  We stretched him to 4 hrs 2 weeks ago because he was drinking sloppy. He is awake 2x a night again. I will try the soother and see. He was 5 lbs 13oz and is now about 10 lbs.  On his 3rd week he would drink 5oz every 3 hours.. now he is no where near. I wonder if he over sleeps during the day. The only change we did was take away the 10-11 pm feed.
He is on playtex y flow enfamil A+
thanks

Offline Kaylyn

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 21:55:19 pm »
I forgot he has green pops that are soupy like the DR said nothing.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 11 week old, feed, and poops
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 22:24:30 pm »
Can you explain the formula you are on and the teats please? We don't have Enfamil as a main brand in the UK, just the Enfamil reflux formula - is it a thickened formula you are using, is that why you are using the Y cut teats?

What is your day like at the moment in terms of?

Eat - what times, how much
Activity - how long for
Sleep - what times, how long for

Does he have any digestive issues like reflux? It is quite normal for an 11 week old baby to be waking twice for a feed during the night, especially if you have stopped feeding at 10/11pm - why did you stop this one? At 11 weeks I would expect a baby to have 5 feeds during the day, a dreamfeed (10/11pm) and one or maybe 2 nightfeeds.

Laura

Offline Kaylyn

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 22:56:44 pm »
enfamil is a name brand and has omega 3 in it.. not a thickened formula just a regular one with omega and dha in it
y teats would be the medium flow. He took over 1 hour to drink with a slow 1 hole, and the fast 3 holes is too fast for him... he spits everywhere. I assumed to switched to that one because my dd did it

On a normal day
7 am 2 1/2-3 1/2 oz
11 am 4 oz ( sometimes he eats at 1030)
3 pm 4-6 oz
7 pm same 3-4 oz
10 pm same... he will have 1 good bottle a day....
saturday his last bottle was at 8pm and slept till 5 am, but it was also our parade night.
he used to sleep the night 10-6 or 7 am
hubby didnt want to give him the 11 pm feed anymore

his A are only 1 1/2 hrs... he cant make it longer.

sleeps are everywhere 1 1/2 hrs but way longer in the afternoon 2-3 hours, then again after dinner.... like a newborn.

no issues.. he spit up quite abit upto his 7 week old mark now nothing.

his food consumption is anywhere between 2 1/2 oz -6 oz every 3 1/2 to 4 hrs. as a newborn his night feeds were only 1 oz.

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: 11 week old, feed, and poops
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 04:02:13 am »
Laura - just popping on to clarify about Enfamil A+... it's a basic cow's milk based formula for birth to 12 months.  Contains DHA/ARA (omega 3&6) like many formulas here in North America.  It is a blend of both casein and whey proteins. 

http://www.enfamil.ca/en/products/newborn-formulas/Pages/enfamil-a.aspx

(GoodStart is the whey-only formula here - would be similar to Cow & Gate First milk).