Author Topic: Help me please!!!  (Read 3436 times)

Offline Jodes112

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
  • You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 19:20:51 pm »
Wellfdone on the patting back to sleep! A betrer wake up = a better nap day (usually for us anyway!)

Aww it was just a thought on the reflux, agree also though that he is poss UT! Just looked back & my lg was doing 2.5hrs A at 5 months (we had EW problem too at that age & mods helped me increase wake times!) she did great after pushing the A times out a little.

We still have EW spells now (dd is almost 9 months) & thats when i know to push A times again.

Hope you get ob track with better nights soon x
Jody
 xx

Offline *Jo*

• Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 08:56:21 am »
Well we've had an oddball day with naps, 2x1 hours and a 40 min and a 30min but still a bedtime of 7pm which I consider a success... It's 9.30 and we've had three wake ups already.. Two of them I put the dummy in, the third one I picked him up (just testing the theory that he's wanting comfort) for about 30seconds and put him back down into bed and he stayed asleep, didn't ask for the dummy, nothing....
Hmmm... I did try to get him to 2 hours 20mins today for the first A time and that's when we got a 40min wake up, replug dummy and another 20mins so 1 hour in total. Looks like 2 hours 15 is the magic one for 1.5 hour naps for now, so that leaves a prop doesn't it? Or the reflux... But he doesn't seem to be in pain when he cries, it's more of a "somebody help me back to sleep" cry, then if patting doesn't settle him and it's been 4+ hours since the last feed I feed him, should I stop doing that?? He doesn't take a dream feed, I've tried many times and ended up with three times more wakings so gave up and just let him wake for a feed now. But to clear to me he doesn't really need more than one. He took a full feed at 11pm and a half feed at 1.30 then took another half feed at 7am and has done that quite a few times before.
Something just doesn't add up. If it's A time then a 5 min push shouldn't have affected him like that should it?
If it's reflux then he would be doing a discomfort or pain cry but he's not
If it's hunger then he would feed more than 2oz at a time

What should I be focusing on?

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: Help me please!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 17:30:18 pm »
I would say A times. I mean, you won't see a change just from a day of two of having a higher A time. Only on about the 4th day we can see some sort of results and try and make conclusions. The 40min nap doesn't mean anything to me right now - OT or UT, just that he is adjusting to a new A time and probably will need a few more days of the 2:20 A to do so.
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 18:13:40 pm »
Ok thanks :) I'm also now doing pu/pd to battle these wakings at night as I don't feel they are A time related but prop related to the dummy and he can't seem to transition through sleep cycles at naps without assistance. First night of pu/pd and only 2 NWs (one was a needed feed) and of course the EW ( I feel that one is UT as even the prop doesn't put him back to sleep) so I've started a post on the pu/pd board for that.
Will continue to extend A times :)

Offline Ima shel Alon

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 12:24:18 pm »
Good work, mommy!

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2013, 22:14:32 pm »
Slept through the night! Woke for a feed at 3am and back to sleep, 12 hour total night!! Woohoo!!

Offline Ima shel Alon

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 12:42:34 pm »
Woohoo!!!!!!!

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 18:12:11 pm »
It was weird tho, yesterday he was tired at 1.5 hours A time, and was cranky and miserable if I didn't get him to sleep, I tried getting him to 2 hours but the constant crying was driving me nuts so I put him to bed. Of course we only got 40min naps all day...
Then last night back to 3-4 NWs and a 5.55am wake up.....
If UT is the issue then why was he so miserable all day and so tired? I was following his signals all day and he doesn't usually give signs til 2 hours so I figured he needed it

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2013, 18:31:56 pm »
Teeth?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2013, 20:10:01 pm »
Possible.... We just changed reflux meds too so could that be it? We've gone from omeprazole to ranitidine. Started it on Monday night. Should've kicked in by now yeah?

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2013, 21:02:58 pm »
Not sure if it would :-\ I've never heard of changing meds up that way before? Usually ranitidine is offered before omeprazole and then changed if it isn't effective. Is the ranitidine dose high?
***Sara***

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2013, 04:17:56 am »
I think it is high, 2mg 2x a day. I only ever remember getting Levi to 1.5mg tho... She just wanted to try it as she said some babies respond better to ranitidine than omeprazole. I can't remember how ranitidine works, does it stop the acid in the spit up or does it reduce the amount of spitup?

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2013, 04:26:34 am »
Both meds reduce acid, not spit up but work differently. Ranitidine is an h2 blocker. Losec. Works on the pumps that produce the acid. (Turns them off)

Did you stop the PPI on the same day you started ranitidine? If so you may expect some refluxing :-\
***Sara***

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2013, 11:04:55 am »
Yes I did stop the same day. I asked the dr if I should slowly wean off and on to the other one but she said no, stop the losec and just start the ranitidine. I got the feeling I knew a bit more about reflux than she did and yet she told me her son was a refluxer... I was concerned about stopping it straight away as I knew that would mean the reflux would come back full on for a bit but thought maybe the ranitidine would work quick enough to stop that... Perhaps not.
His A times have been really low tho, again today he was tired before 2 hours. We had a total of 2x 40 min naps and a 30 min nap and I put him to bed at 5.30 and that was after a 3pm wake up (I had to wake him to pick up boys from preschool, this literally ruins our routine almost every day!)

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2013, 18:15:50 pm »
Hugs Hun. Yeah my dr also said stop one then start with Z but with t i didn't ask and kept the ranitidine going for 4-5 days before stopping it (we went other way around)
***Sara***