Author Topic: Does she need MORE A time? *Update- we're totally lost!*  (Read 2413 times)

Offline cuckoochick

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 136
  • Mummy to Charlotte Rose and Georgia May
Re: Does she need MORE A time? *Update- we're totally lost!*
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 09:06:00 am »
So we're totally lost off with G. She'd been beginning to take longer naps of 1.5hrs in the morning with an A of around 3hrs. But then I had to go to work for a few days and then we started STing and we're totally lost.

I can't get a decent nap out of her. They're all 30-45mins although the other day we did get a 1.5hr nap with AP resettle and the other day she did a 50min nap but 95% of naps are 35-40mins.

I have no idea what A times to try. I've been trying 3hrs 15-20mins for a week or two but still rubbish naps. Given that her A times are high and she moves her A times quite quickly and 3hrs was working just under a month ago now do you think it's worth taking drastic action and jumping to a higher A time?

She's pretty much on 2 naps now and I try to do an earlier BT if her naps have been rubbish and she sometimes tacks on. Her WU is now 7:30am roughly and BT between 6:45-7:30 depending upon the naps and how easy it is to settle her.

We ended up with a 2hr NW last night. I'm back at work in 6weeks and feel so lost. How do you start when you have NO clue about her A times?

*Nicola*

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 13:28:18 pm »
Nicola is she close to crawling? E was super ot yesterday but she was way more active for tummy time and close to rolling and wiggling around like crazy that I think she needed less A time because she was wearing her self out!!! We have tried a few 2 nap days here too as we were get happy/chatty 5 am wake ups!
Heidi

Offline cuckoochick

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 13:35:15 pm »
She has been a bit crazy and wanting to nurse 2hrs into an A time and seems v tired so I don't know if it's just mega OT but I know if I did put her down she wouldn't sleep. She is almost sitting independently but not showing signs of crawling but is still doing the whole rolling and getting stuck on her tummy. We're in the middle of a wonder week and heading to a storm cloud week. So it could be GS/ developmental but 2 35min naps a day can't be helping!

So today I did a 3.5hr A and she still slept for 35mins. DH is off for a few days from Saturday so I'm tempted to co-sleep with her for a few naps to see if I can get her to sleep longer than 35-40mins. I just haven't got a clue what to do!

*Nicola*

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 16:45:51 pm »
Me either honestly! Did a short A today and she woke at 40 min, currently asleep in my arms. School holidays start after tomorrow so I cant really do a lot of ap! At least dh has a few days off....been having a lot of yucky pukey spit ups so I think I need to do a bit more watching on foods...considering an ED in the new year.
Heidi

Offline TB9

• Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 17:32:26 pm »
What are her Es like.  I found between 5-6months naps really depended on getting enough food into her  :-\

Offline cuckoochick

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 18:41:36 pm »
They are all over to be honest. No consistency at all. She often refuses the first feed of the day (because of the NFs I think as one is between 5-6am) and so I'm finding that we often don't get a good feed until the afternoon and I'm often topping her up. Not sure if we've got a bit of GS going on. We're hitting week 26 and a stormy patch on Wonder Weeks.

I try not to log things because it doesn't help my PND but will have to log for a few days I think.

Today she slept 35mins in the morning after 3.5hrs A. She was v cranky this afternoon and fell asleep so I put her down at 2hr 55isb and she woke after 35m but it took 20mins if rocking to get her back down for another hr.

*Nicola*