Author Topic: Is BLW better for reflux babies?  (Read 4303 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Is BLW better for reflux babies?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 09:16:27 am »
Your parenting is great!
Like pp said if she isn't ready she won't take in any food, she'll just play with it, lick it.  Avoid wheat products for another few weeks if you can, just hold her off with bits of veg and fruit.  Guide lines are great, I love that someone has put the time and effort into working out when the best time for things is to keep our kids as healthy and safe as possible, but they are guide lines, and every baby is different.  There are still very very many babies that are given solids earlier and it used to be the norm.  Try not to stress it too much (easier said than done, I know I stressed when DS was screaming for solids before 6 months) and go with the flow. I would get her high chair sorted so she can join you at the table for meal times and then just offer one or two bits for her to fiddle with or eat as she sees fit.

Offline cuckoochick

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 136
  • Mummy to Charlotte Rose and Georgia May
Re: Is BLW better for reflux babies?
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 10:09:46 am »
I'll go and get the high chair tomorrow from the ILs. She might just be happy nearer to us and with a spoon and maybe some veggies as you say. Thanks

*Nicola*

Offline mumofselmaandtilda

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 21:40:06 pm »
I started Blw when my refluxer was 5.5 months as she seemed to want food and thought bit of solid might help. Started with a bit of soft sweet potato, she gummed a bit of straight away and swallowed it right down, very little chewing done! She seemed to have a terrible stomach ache later in day so I think her tummy wasn't ready to process non pureed food so gone back to purees for moment and as her sitting up gets stronger will gradually move to blw again. Funny thing is as soon as this happened I remembered my first was the exactly the same. I found with her that while her reflux was still bad til about 8 or 9 months she really found it very uncomfortable bringing up partly solid food and pureed food seemed not to bother her so much. Funnily enough at 9 months she completely refused a spoon and decided to be a blw baby herself!!!