Author Topic: 7 month old loves his solids! Too much??  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Regina Phalange

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: November 22, 2013, 18:12:42 pm »
My son is almost 7 months. We started solids a little early, with small amounts of purees at 5 months. Once he hit 6 months, we started with finger foods to do more of a BLW approach. He loves, loves, loves his solids, and sometimes is really surprising me with how much he'll eat. I really like the idea of letting him dictate how much or how little he'll eat, but at what point do you stop giving more so as to not affect his milk consumption? I'm always wondering if he's getting enough breast milk, as I can't tell how much he gets when he's nursing. He nurses for a shorter period of time than he used to, but of course, he's probably more efficient as well. I think he has enough wet diapers? He's never been one to let me know when he's hungry, so I'm not confident that I would know if he needed more. He seems to be doing just fine, but I keep questioning myself. Would I know if he wasn't getting enough? Should I be limiting his solids, even when he's indicating that he would like more?

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: 7 month old loves his solids! Too much??
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 21:10:53 pm »
I don't think so, as long as he is not refusing his feeds. Children self regulate wonderfully well, and as long as they are eating a varied diet (including enough milk, at his age) then they are fine.

You sound like you are doing great!
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline Regina Phalange

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 7 month old loves his solids! Too much??
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 04:49:14 am »
Thanks! I think I have to learn to trust him more.  :)