Author Topic: Let Down Change  (Read 1200 times)

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Let Down Change
« on: November 27, 2013, 16:22:38 pm »
Hi ladies,

My DS is 3.5, almost 4 months old (!).  I've always had an abundance of milk, so much so that I am a donor for the Breast Milk Bank in my city, however in the last two days I've noticed a change in my let down and it's causing me some worry.  I used to get a very strong tingling sensation almost as soon as T latched on.  Whereas in the last few days I notice that he has to suck a bit to get it going, or at least until I feel the tingle.  I worry that this might be affecting my flow or that something is amiss!  Is this typical?  Has anyone else had this?  DS has also had loose poops the last two days and less frequent but it sounds like that's working itself out as we speak  ::)

Cheers,

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Let Down Change
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 20:28:18 pm »
Same here...used to be painful and now unless it is first feed of the day I hardly notice. It must not be too different though as DD3 only gets really fussy about it at bedtime when my supply is lowest! No poo issue here though...she hardly ever poos.
Heidi

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 20:50:25 pm »
You're around that stage where milk production changes from hormone driven to supply/demand.  I know I noticed a difference around that time to how strong the letdown reflex felt, but I found it useful to remember that some women never feel that 'tingle', so it didn't necessarily mean that something was amiss.

Does he still seem to be relatively content with plenty of wet nappies (aside from the loose poo)?
*** Amanda ***

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 06:18:55 am »
He does have a wet nappi after every nap, and the poos are back to normal today.  It's good to know the let down can change, I was getting worried and I had no idea that could happen!  Thanks ladies :)