Author Topic: Morning wake up time?  (Read 769 times)

Offline OMJ03

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Morning wake up time?
« on: November 27, 2013, 19:30:10 pm »
My LO is 4.5 months. He currently wakes around 630 and works at getting himself back to sleep. The past several mornings he is in and out of sleep until 7. I have been getting him up at this time but it throws off his day because I'm not sure when to start his wake time - I.e. at 630 when he first stirred or at 7 when I got him up. I too am in and out of sleep during this time so I don't know how much sleep he gets in that time - may be five minutes or it may be 20 (although I'm leaning more towards the five minutes). He is not fussy during this time but if I get him up at 630 he is miserable and unable to stay awake. Today when I got him up at 7 he was falling asleep while eating and it was a struggle to keep him awake until nap time at 8:40
Other info you may need to know - we are new to EASY. Naps are a mess but I'm working on it by sitting beside his crib and httj. At night he wakes around 2 and I feed him - this works best for our family and living situation at this time. He has been eating on a four hour schedule since 3.5 months (following his cues) and we introduced a tiny bit of barley cereal after morning feed starting is week.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 20:08:06 pm by OMJ03 »

Offline Violet's mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 26
Re: Morning wake up time?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 03:41:37 am »
When he woke from his nap - how was he?  OT at all?  My LO was silent for about half an hour before she would wake me up so I also struggled with this.  I did some trial and error until I decided on doing a certain amount of time (I think it was 2 hrs at that age) after I first heard her. 

If he's doing good naps and sleeping at night well - I would keep doing what you are doing.

**Tracy**