Author Topic: Ideas  (Read 2146 times)

Offline kirbyland10

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 19, 2013, 21:38:45 pm »
I am starting to get ideas things I can do with Lily and Noah - (Lily's to young to do anything at the moment but I want to get things together.
I would like some ideas what can I do)

Lily is only 7 days so I guess 0-3months
Noah is 22 months

Noah at the moment only play want books... should i introduce cleaning, baking etc?  He doesnt say anything not even a word - he babbles but thats it... so any kind of activities to help me there also.

anyway please send me activities I can do with my children (with both or individuals).

we go to toddlers most mornings (Mon, Tues (music), Fri) - pms at home
Mon pm - Noah goes swimming
Wed - home all day
Thursday we spend it with my father in law

Noah still have about 2 hrs nap in the afternoon
Noah - 17th Feb 2012
Lily - 14th Dec 2013

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 23:10:43 pm »
Hi.
Have you seen these threads?
Activity and toy ideas for 0-3mths
What are your 2 year olds favorite toys?
Physical Activity (To Tire Out) When Cold/Dark Outside - Ideas?
Cycle of Activity-Help Build Independent Playtime

Reading books is certainly one of the best activities you can offer LOs.  If you feel comfortable to introduce cooking, cleaning etc then yes this is a great age for those things.
I started cooking with my DS using a small kid's table until he could stand up on a chair to work at the kitchen unit along side me.  It doesn't need to be limited to baking, kids like making 'real' food for their own lunch, spreading bread with butter, grating cheese etc to produce a sandwich which you can then sit down together to eat. Mine like to make stew as it involves so many different vegetables to peel and chop.
Mine also loves to help wash the floors, and uses a small vacuum cleaner and broom to sweep the floors, he loves it.  We dont' have windows at the right level for him to wash but toddlers tend to enjoy that too.
Gardening or any other house hold chores are fun for toddlers, they just love to learn all the things Mummy does.
Trips to the shop are great too, especially when you don't *need* something so have the time to focus on guiding, exploring, explaining the expected behaviour etc. I used to let mine touch and pick up and lot more than many parents might (always making sure we put everything back, and limiting to non-breakables) because i had the time and I'm sure this has helped him become a great shopper.