Author Topic: HELP! 4 month old waking every hour-  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Amanda G

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 14, 2013, 12:26:36 pm »
I USED to have a baby on a schedule who would sleep 45 mins in morning- 2hrs and 15 mins in afternoon and a catnap between 4-5. Bed by 6:30 after a bath.... She is 4.5 months now... Waking in her 45 mins cycle every time. Sleeps better swaddled but rolled swaddled so now in sleep sack. Last 3 nights woke every hour all night- still only feeds 4 hrs apart and a half feed at 3am... Rolled about 2 weeks ago. Should I use pick up put down?? Definitely unsafe to swaddle?

Offline babybarr

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
Re: HELP! 4 month old waking every hour-
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 13:17:23 pm »
Does she have a dummy?  Could be that's the prob. Otherwise I'd say waking every sleep cycle is pain or discomfort
LAURA xx

Offline Violet's mom

• Showing Appreciation 26
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 13:25:46 pm »
Is she breast or bottle fed?  It could be a growth spurt - when does she start waking?  If that's the case try upping her oz during the day if you bottle feed, and breast feed her when she first wakes to see if that helps if you breast feed.  This is an age where the 4 month sleep regression occurs so hugs for the rough nights!

Also, can you post your easy so we could see if it may be an OT issue (doesn't sound like it from what you've written).

**Tracy**

Offline Amanda G

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 14:50:31 pm »
Exclusively breast fed baby who refuses bottle and pacifier!  I am trying her on the 4 hr EASY- I was following the Contented Little Baby routine but found it to be strict and that she wasn't getting enough sleep. Her schedule WAS:
Wake between 6:30-7
Feeds at 7-11-3-7-11 would wake either once to no times after that to eat

Sleep: nap 1 at 9: I let her sleep,up to two hours. Lately wakes at 45 and I get her back down for another 45.

Nap 2: 1 to 3, wakes around 2:30

Catnap by a walk 2 hours after she wakes for 15-30 minutes

So...should I start pick up put down? Can you do that during the 4 month sleep regression?

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 15:56:18 pm »
In my experience I'd still put my money on discomfort. Has she got teeth coming? Have you tried paracetamol to see if it makes a difference.
LAURA xx

Offline Violet's mom

• Showing Appreciation 26
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 17:24:30 pm »
Yeah do you see any teeth?  Or have you started solids early?  That could cause discomfort too.

Do you nurse her to sleep?  This is about the age where I couldn't do that anymore because she wasn't getting herself back to sleep independently.

**Tracy**