Author Topic: Almond milk or plant based milk?  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Miraclelim

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: December 28, 2013, 07:27:06 am »
How many times did u try before ur baby start accepting other milk whether its cows milk or almond milk other than formula. My bb won't drink any milk out of a straw or sippy cup.  :'( I want to wean her off formula to plant based milk or goats milk. She loves her water in straw cup but won't drink milk out of it.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Almond milk or plant based milk?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 23:23:10 pm »
How old is your LO?

I think many people have this difficulty so don't feel alone with her refusing milk from a cup or straw.  Mine switched to a small amount in a sippy cup at 12 months but I had to accept it was a very small amount.  A month later he took a full bottle worth with a straw in the bottle instead of the teat and I then switched the bottle to a different design (like a toddler or sport bottle as the cup didn't hold enough milk) so I could get rid of all the bottles.

It might help to put a straw directly into the bottle she is used to taking. I split the teats first so he sat upright and drank more quickly (rather than suckling like a baby), then tried a few times with a straw. When he refused I just put the bottle teat back on straight away and got on with the feed. Did this several times over 1 months until he just took the whole thing through the straw.  He didn't drink a big full cup of milk until he was more like 2yo+ though so I used a straw for a full year on that one milk drink of the day to keep his dairy intake up.  I think for some it helps to see the milk cup/straw/bottle is different from their water cup so they know what is coming.