Author Topic: Terrible eater help!!!'  (Read 9192 times)

Offline Miraclelim

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2014, 22:40:59 pm »
Hi I have found out that because she naps between 1130-1400 she always have lunch at 2ish n snack before. I tried offering lunch before nap but she is fussy to eat. I think too tired. She would then have a huge lunch normally we r out shopping for lunch or eating with me. She will eat half her lunch then as soon as she saw my food arrived she will want what's on my plate. Like we when n had fish n chip yesterday. She had half a bowl of her own fried rice n saw my food n refused to eat hers. Do I removed the batter of the fish n gave her some n some cucumber to chew on which she spits out ( she doesn't like crunchy veg) n 2 chips. I think she ate 1/5 of my fish. So that was at 1430. By the time dinner comes at 1745 I made done steamed veg n she only had 4 chips size sweet potato n pumpkin In total. The rest she spits out, on the floor n all over daddy. She loves to chew her food then spits out n give it to us!!!!  How to stop that.
So My question is she always have a huge lunch then refuses dinner. How to I get her to have lunch before nap? She will only eat before nap if it is puréed food.i know she doesn't like hummus n crunchy food I will keep offering n hope that one day she will eat it.
Sorry it's so long. Thank you. I m going on holiday in 2 weeks time not sure what to do? Don't want her to eat outside food because its salty. Any advise?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Terrible eater help!!!'
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2014, 23:28:47 pm »
If she is eating well at any time of the day that's fine. Toddlers often don't eat equal sized meals the way adults do so if she has a huge lunch and a small dinner that's ok, normal.  I would personally continue with lunch at 2pm if this is when she eats well.

The spitting out, I haven't had experience of that but I'd prob just stop offering any more food after the first spit. I'd say "Oh, looks like you're full, ok lets get you cleaned up" and end the meal.

It's no surprise to me she is more interested in your food than her own. How about serving all her food onto your plate, you eat a little then serve her some from your plate?  But I would also really try to eat exactly the same even if you can only give her a tiny portion of something you are having, I'd try to order food that is OK for her to share.

My little boy always wanted exactly what I ate too, I think it makes logical sense that they know it is 'safe' food and good food if Mummy chooses it :)

Offline Miraclelim

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2014, 23:57:36 pm »
Okie thanks creations. I will do that keep the lunch at 2 pm. she eats so well when we r outside shopping in the pram or lunch with us. She just loves my food during lunch but doesn't do that during dinner at home. Which makes me think that she is not very hungry at dinner after a huge lunch. I only ever given her outside food like fish n chips even with that I removed the batter n make sure no salt on chip.
Thank you so much for ur advice :-)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Terrible eater help!!!'
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2014, 07:49:01 am »
If your able to make some home made 'chips' in the oven from sweet potato, parsnip, turnip, carrots and white potato you can let them cool and carry them with you.  There's a chance she might accept them if you eat one or two too so that she has similar looking food but healthier for her.  I used to take out food for my LO but I tried to make it very similar to what I would behaving so it was a healthy alternative without looking too different.  eg I took steamed veg when I knew I'd be going for a roast dinner as most places would have salt on the veg.