Author Topic: 5 month old night waking help please!  (Read 3170 times)

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 5 month old night waking help please!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 19:10:34 pm »
With my son, at this stage....45 min naps usually meant that he is undertired....so I increased the awake time by 15mins over a couple of days and see which awake time extended the naps

I agree with this....45 min naps usually are UT....have a look at this sticky for average A times, early 6 month olds average 2.5-3 hours A time.

Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!

Yeah I will try to lengthen naps. But yesterday she napped well and still was up through the night. So I guess I need direction with how to handle the night wakings? If I feed her say at 11 and 3 how do I handle wakings at other times? She seems to just nurse 5 mins and falls asleep so I'm thinking it's for comfort. But during the day she sucks her thumb and puts herself to sleep? I'm just so tired from these nights up five times...

Has she ever settled without feeding? Either for naps or night- what worked then?

Could a mod give some insight on this please?

While I am a mod, I am a mom just like you and the only thing I am an expert on is my own three kids and how I applied EASY to each of them by paying attention to their cues and needs...I agree with pp in that if she is waking happy from a 45 min nap she probably just needs a tweak...same thing has been happening with my 5 month old and I just finally clued in ;)
Heidi

Offline honeybeze

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 19:34:39 pm »
Yeah, I am increasing A time again to try and even out day ( feel like he starts UT and ends OT) and spacing feeds to 4 hours is a good idea!  My guy is up to 3 hours A, and gonna push it to 3:15. Hope it helps, will post back with progress.  He will be 6 months on the 1 st & has always been a bit ahead on A times.
Momma to Ryder & Axel, my 2 miracle boys. Wife to Tadius since 2002 - the love of my life!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 19:41:07 pm »
We are super low sleep needs...she is 5 months on tuesday and just jumped to 3 h 15 min of A  :o. Got nearly a 2 hour nap with no soother replut or apop though!
Heidi

Offline honeybeze

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 19:56:17 pm »
It's good to hear that some babies can be really need that extra A time, I all along have felt he is a low sleep needs kid. Yay for input from other mommas! 
Momma to Ryder & Axel, my 2 miracle boys. Wife to Tadius since 2002 - the love of my life!