Author Topic: 1yr old feeding schedule  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Nikkisb11

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 05, 2014, 14:57:36 pm »
Hello! My son will be a year old in one month. I know I need to transition him off of formula at that time but he will go on soy milk because he has a milk protein allergy. So I'm wondering what kind of feeding schedule he should go on at that time since he won't be getting the formula anymore. How much baby food should I feed him?  We are just now getting to the point where he can eat whole puffs because of his gag reflex so eating the table food hasn't been an option yet. How many cups of the soy milk should I give him a day?  When I transition him to soy, should I mix the formula and soy together for a gradual transition?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 1yr old feeding schedule
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 18:02:03 pm »
Not sure where you are in the world but here the rec is with mpi babies who cant have whole milk to keep on formula until age two or whenever they outgrow the mpi (unless you can get some good fats in the diet in other ways - DD2 was mpi but had other issues with food so we kept her on formula).

For timings we did milk in the morning with breakfast and before bed...otherwise they ate with us...3 meals a day plus two small snacks in between. Sometimes lunch was a bit early when they were on one nap.

Heidi