Author Topic: 5 Month old started EASY now waking everyhour  (Read 2741 times)

Offline LizPNI

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 5 Month old started EASY now waking everyhour
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 04:47:27 am »
Thanks again

The naps went better today.

I think his tummy was bad because usually he gets a mix of breastmilk and formula between nursing and bottle but last night he had way more formula. Tonight I will make sure he gets more breastmilk and see if that helps.

Offline LizPNI

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 00:06:55 am »
Back from our trip. The schedule kind of went out the window because I was traveling for work and my son attended the retreat with me. There was a travel crib in the meeting room I was able to put him down in though so he still got his naps (45mins only) in. His night wakings weren't better or worse while traveling although he started waking at 4am wide awake. Wanted to hang out for a little while and then was back to sleep by 5am He ate at 3 am, so I'm sure he wasnt hungry.  What should I do when he wants to hang out at 4am.?

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 00:07:11 am »
Sorry my computer died. Just got it back. I'm sorry I can't remember. If he's an independent sleeper than I would just do wiwo until he goes back down. But I would not turn the light on or get him up in anyway. I know in a hotel you can't have a screaming baby so it is what it is. But now that you are back home I would just make him realize it's not time to get up and get him back to sleep using gradual withdrawl (if he's not an IS) or wiwo if he is. And work on figuring out what made him wake. That's a hard time because they've had enough sleep as to think they are ready to go for the day but in reality they are still tired but just don't know it enough to go back to sleep.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**