Author Topic: 8 weeks old - Difficult to keep EASY track  (Read 6214 times)

Offline Linhi

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 8 weeks old - Difficult to keep EASY track
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 09:02:29 am »
We are doing great since i moved bt around 8. But she is still struggling with naps. A time still short and then she wake up before feed time but seem still wanna sleep. We often wake her up at 8 have a feed but she and we always fall back to sleep easily after morning feed. It's good for us as we can sleep a lil more but is that ok with her?

And about the df at 11. My dd wont take the whole bottle, only half or 3/4 as normal. And we have tried alot to make her drink. Should we drop the df or continue?

Offline Buttonbobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2014, 10:43:41 am »
I would say if you're getting a long nap when you put down so soon after the morning feed that's ok. But do keep an eye out for her wakings getting earlier in the morning and/or the nap getting shorter as these are signs you'd need to extend the A time.

As an LO gets older they yawn for reasons other than just tiredness, sometimes just for no real reason. It may become less of an indicator that sleep is needed ASAP.

Also, remember that BW is not about fixed times and if she seems hungry a little earlier then that's fine.

If the DF is not causing multiple NWs then I'd keep going with it.

You're doing well :)
~ Naomi ~

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 09:21:15 am »
Hi,

Thanks alot. My DD theses days love to talk, not to sleep. She alważs take 20-30' nap. That's why i ask you what should i do? Should i hold her to let her sleep or just let her talk and play. She wake up and most of the time she's happy, she is talk or play with her fingers.

I have to say, she is really talkative. @@

Offline Buttonbobs

• E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 09:43:02 am »
Aw chatty babies are lovely :)

I would say she just sounds like she's not ready for sleep. I would go for the longer A times and see how you get on.
~ Naomi ~

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 14:24:52 pm »
Im not sure her sleeping cue since yawn isnt one. I will try to figure out. I think she loves to talk now so she doesnt want to sleep. Like this afternoon, i put her down when she stared to the air, but as soon as i put her down, she tried to walk, refused the paci even i turned off the light. I stayed in the room for 10min but she kept blah blah so i let her on the swing and she what she want. But few minute later, she slept  ???

I will try again and get back to you. Thanks alot for your helping

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 13:51:49 pm »
Have to say easy seem working as easasea. My Dd doesnt fall asleep after feeding anymore. She still wake up before next feed so i let her play a little bit and them set her dơn before the next feed 30-45' and it works. Thanks alot for your helping

But im wondering if one day she can sleep longer but wake up to feed around 6-7, near the wake up time (about 8am). Should i feed her or not? I love the schedule now, i dont want anything mess it up  ::)

Offline Buttonbobs

• E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 14:52:37 pm »
hi again :)

I'm glad to hear you feel things are going well.

Is she doing two fairly small sleeps in each 3 hours period. It may still be that the A time is still a little short. I can answer your question for you if you can post your day or a couple of days in EAS format?
~ Naomi ~

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2014, 11:23:59 am »
This is yesterday

8am: wake & feed
8.15: a
9.30: s
11:00: e
12.30: s
13.00: a (happy and want to play)
13.30: we put down to sleep
14.00: e
15.20: s
Around 16 a
16.30 pd to sleep
17.00 e
We have visitor yesterday so she's too excited to sleep eventhough we try
19.10 s
19.40 wake up to bt
20.00 e & s
23.05 df
05.00 e

And today so far
8am wake & feed
9.00 s
11.00 e
12.30 s
13.15 a
14.00 e
14.30 s
15.20 a
16.00 s
17.00 e
18.00 s (we try to keep her awake but she is quiet fussy)
19.00 a
19.15 bath /feed
20.00 s
23.05 df
04.00 e

-----

Normally she wake up around 3-5 am to have one more nightfeed. If one day she wakes up at 6-7am and want to feed but we want to keep the 8am is the wake up/feed time, what should we do in that situation?

Also i think my dd is on wonder week and dont want to eat. Should we keep feeding majority or let she cry for feed ?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:18:58 am by Linhi »

Offline Buttonbobs

• E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 21:26:56 pm »
Are you waking her to feed her at the three hour point during the daytime?

It seems like you're getting quite a good first sleep - yay! LAter in the day you're putting her down quite soon after WU and getting shorter naps. Do you think it would help to stretch out those A times later in the day? You might find you get longer, and therefore more restorative, naps later in the day which should really help with the later evening and BT.

If one day she wakes up at 6-7am and want to feed but we want to keep the 8am is the wake up/feed time, what should we do in that situation?
I would probably feed and put her back down like any normal NF.

Should we keep feeding majority or let she cry for feed ?

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand the question. If you are currently waking her from naps during the day it might be that she would rather you didn't. Is she gaining weight normally? If so, I'd be tempted to let her tell you when she's hungry. This will help you when you are working towards a 4 hour EASY in the next month or so.
~ Naomi ~

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2014, 16:41:01 pm »
I dont need anymore. She just wake up exact time, crying, sucking her thumb. But when we feed her, she crying, arch her back. It never happen before :(

I have tried to keep the awake time longer but dd always seems tired after 1h30. She looks away and cry for paci. Longest time was 1:45 but she still make 2 naps.

So if i feed her at 7am, i still wake her up and feed at or 10? If i feed at 10, it quiet mess our schedule as we always want bathtime at 7.30 pm.

Offline Buttonbobs

• E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 21:11:02 pm »
I really think you need to extend those A times honey. She may appear tired but the way to get out of that spiral is to extend the A time and get longer naps.

I wouldn't wake to feed after 3 hours in the daytime, it might be she's working towards a slightly longer A time and need a longer gap between feeds. If she's hungry she'll let you know.

Do you think she's uncomfortable when she's feeding?
~ Naomi ~

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2014, 09:34:54 am »
We are all messed up now. She doesnt want to take any bottle until she is very hungry (2 bottles/16hours). We checked with the doctor but he doesnt find anything wrong with her. She wake up and cry for feed at 4am but when we gave her bottle, she just arch her back, cry out loud. >< We change the nipple from s to m and switch back, we even try different bottle (medela, cotomomo, nuk...) but when the nipple touch her lips, she just cry. It's been 4 days and we cant find the problem yet.

Our midwife has passed by also but she cant do nothing too. The only way to feed her now is rocking her to sleep.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:38:52 am by Linhi »

Offline Buttonbobs

• E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 15:52:28 pm »
((hugs)) sweetie, I'm going to see if anyone else can take a look and has any other ideas. xxx
~ Naomi ~

Offline TB9

• Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2014, 02:17:38 am »
Lots of (((hugs))) from me too.  Is it possible that she is sick?  Has she had any immunizations in the last few days that would make her feel crummy and not want to eat?

How is she sleeping?  Is she able to lay flat and sleep?

Is she pooping regularly?  Is there anything odd about her poops?  Any stringy, sticky looking mucus or blood in her poop?

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2014, 06:38:24 am »
Not at all. All of sudden she just dont want to take any bottle unless she is too hungry, from mid night til 18.00 she take only 2 bottles). She still happy other time, take nap during day and sleep pretty well at night (she woke up cry for feed but dont want to take bottle so i gave her paci). Im so tired and streess. Im only breastfeeded her during 1st 6 week but only once a day, and now she just refuse the bottle :( im low milk supplier, pumped only 400ml/day.

She ate too little to poo, the other day her poop still fine. The doctor checked all but she just too fine, and he suggested us to stretch feed time to 4,5hours but she made to 9hours.

Should i keep feeding her during her sleep? I tried breastfeeded her, too and she take the breast but as she seems really hungry or just love to suck. As long as i took the breast out, she cried.