Author Topic: 8 weeks old - Difficult to keep EASY track  (Read 6216 times)

Offline Buttonbobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
Re: 8 weeks old - Difficult to keep EASY track
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 18:26:13 pm »
What time of day are you BFing her? In the bottle are you feeding only expressed BM or are some of her feeds formula?

Have you read the low milk supply link?

I'm worried I may have low milk supply

What would you like to do - increase the bottle feeds or increase the breast feeding if possible?

More hugs x
~ Naomi ~

Offline Linhi

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2014, 08:09:50 am »
Thanks God and thank you all. She is taking bottle again and poop too. Lol

I had hard time after birth, keep going back hospital and even had postpartum depression, that's why i have low milk supply. Im using medela pump now and only supply ~15oz/day (half of my dd need).

I want to increase breastmilk but bottle fed. I cant keep my mind out of thinking that she isnt taking enough milk if breastfeed. If bottlefed i will know how much she drank :)

So now we are getting back on easy. Last night she woke up at 5.40 am, cry out but when we gave her bottle, she just refuse. So we gave her paci, she came back sleep quickly. Do you think she is going to quit nf? She is 5,7kg and almost 3 month. Is that too soon?

Thanks alot. Im feeling bleesed

Offline Buttonbobs

• E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2014, 23:47:48 pm »
This is a lovely update, I'm so pleased you're feeling better about her feeding today.

Is the early morning feed the only night feed you were doing, or is she taking a dream feed? She is quite young to have no night feeds at all, but if she's having a DF or a feed before midnight and she's gaining weight well then no NFs after that isn't a bad thing :)

Are you still offering her breast feeds or just going for the bottle?
~ Naomi ~

Offline epting57

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2014, 02:56:11 am »
MyDD falls asleep after some bottles as well.  I just change her diaper and then burp her and that usually wakes her up.

We do a modified EASY here it is.  Granted times are very approx. they flux about an hour both ways.

5am-7am wake and feed
put right back to bed( this is where it is different, we treat this feed as a 2nd night feed because she is still tired)  I either go back to sleep or call friends and chitchat or drink coffee and watch DVR from night before.  All shows I like come on at 10pm WTH

anyways
8am-10am wake and feed
depending on time she may go back to sleep right away again or we play for a short time. while I get my shower and cleanup a bit. I usually use this time in her swing.

11-1pm wake and feed
Play on tummy time mat get dressed go for walk maybe or run errands
DD sleeps beautiful in car and while out and about, thank you lord:)

2-4pm wake and Feed
bouncy seat maybe  or walk
she gets a little grumpy here sometimes so I still have to hold her to get her to nap during this time
somewhere around here i cook dinner
5-7pm wake and feed
daddy comes home and plays
takes short nap then bath
830-930 gets another bottle then we start nighttime wind down and putting to sleep

She usually is sound asleep by 11pm at latest.She are still working on independent sleep as she is only 2 months. pat/shh is working sporadically but takes a long time. It works better at night for us.

She will wake one time during the night anywhere from 1:30-3:30 sometimes 4am. 

I forgot to mention she can only stay awake about 1 hour to 1:15 between naps.  She is very consistent with this and I have had success if I catch this time before she gets cranky.

Hope maybe that will give you a new perspective.  Reading other posts helped me

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2014, 05:46:50 am »
This is a lovely update, I'm so pleased you're feeling better about her feeding today.

Is the early morning feed the only night feed you were doing, or is she taking a dream feed? She is quite young to have no night feeds at all, but if she's having a DF or a feed before midnight and she's gaining weight well then no NFs after that isn't a bad thing :)

Are you still offering her breast feeds or just going for the bottle?

She still having df. Last night, she woke up around 5.30 but when we gave her bottle, she cried again. Her feeding is still going on - off. Yesterday, she refused to eat at 5pm. I dont want to force her so we wait til 7pm, bath her and offer bottle but she still refused so i rock her to sleep and gave the bottle. We think we will set alarm and woke up around 3-4am to df her one more time. It's better than she will wake up and cry for nothing.

I really dont know what wrong with my DD because she still sleep well, happy, taking bottle in some other time?

Update: this morning she woke up around 8 so we feed her. And put her back to sleep around 9. We decided not to wake her up to see what time she will wake up, and she made until 12. So we tried 4h routine. And feeding becomes better although we still have to pat her, but she less cranky when we give the bottle. Or is that because of she have been used to pat- thing? If we dont pat, she will shake her head hardly and cry, i pat her to make her calm down and then like she start to suck. We havent figured out why she cry when we gave the bottle because she still take it in the end. So the a and s time must be longer now but we dont know how as after 1.30 hours she getting fussy, cry and become extremely tired

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 16:02:04 pm by Linhi »

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 03:41:21 am »
Update Feb 16: we havent tried df ảt night time, but she still wake up and cried as soon as we picked her up. If she doesnt want to feed why she still wake up :( how can we stop it? The other feed getting better, we are slowly getting back the track. Woohoo

Offline TB9

• Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 17:10:45 pm »
There are lots of reasons babies wake at night other than hunger  :)

Have a read through this link for some of these other reasons for waking 10 reasons (other than hunger) a baby can wake at night

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2014, 11:20:48 am »
My Dd is almost 4m now. So we have changed the schedule to 4hours each feed.

Here is her easy

8am wake up /feed
9am s
11:15-11:30 wake up
12:00 e
13:30:s (2hours is the max time i can keep her up otherwise she become so cranky)
15:00 or 15:30 a (if she wake at 15:00, i will put her down for 30' nap at 15:30)
16:00 e
18:00 cat nap (30-45')
19:15 massage/bathtime
19:45-20:00 e/s
23:00 df

Do we need to fix anything? I really want to take her to swimming class but seem she loves to sleep so we have to wait, right?

I have finished the book and we are having some problem now. She is co-sleep with us for 3 months (our bad) and now we want to transfer her back to crib. When is the best time for her? We still put her in her crib for day nap but she only make it a short nap. We go to bed around 12pm (she sleep alone from 8-12), but we let her lay apart from us, never hold or cuddle her for sleeping. She sometime have nw but as soon as i give her paci, she fall back sleep right away. We dont swaddle her but sometime we need to tuck one arm under her blanket to prevent waking up from scratching face/ears

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2014, 23:02:05 pm »
And all of sudden, she has habital waking at 5? Since we drop her nightfeed, she was doing fine. But we just need pop the paci in and she will go to sleep :(

Offline Buttonbobs

• E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2014, 23:08:56 pm »
Did you make the change to a four hour EASY very quickly or gradually?
~ Naomi ~

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2014, 04:53:51 am »
As i told you, she had 'wonder weeks', refuse to eat so we change her daily feed from 3.30 and then 4. And for the nap, we are little stuck from it because we cant stay awake after 8am feed (i get up once at 5am for pumping milk). Sometimes i let her play and coo alone, but normally dd will be cranky around 9, so we give her paci and close the curtain to let her sleep. But we have to say, after change to 4hrs routine everything go smoother, dd eat & sleep better except get up at 5 :( or is she hungry? We always give an extra ounce for her, sometimes she took it, sometimes not. She is gaining 0,6kg since last month, so her weight isnt my concerned

Also about the co-sleep to crib and her own room? Can you help me? Im feeling sorry that i didnt know the book sooner :( actually, we love to have her co-sleep but we know it's the best for her to sleep in her own room. Thanks alot
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 05:00:36 am by Linhi »

Offline Buttonbobs

• E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2014, 07:27:28 am »
How long is she awake at 5am? Do you have any other night feeds? At this age it would not be unusual for an LO to need one or two night feeds so perhaps she is hungry. Or perhaps she's not quite settled into the new daytime routine. What I meant by did you change gradually, was did you just get her up one day and move the feeds to four hourly or did you shift then slowly in ten/fifteen minute intervals over a few days?

If you are getting up at 5am to pump perhaps she's just in a light enough sleep to be disturbed by you? Do you have to wake at this time to express?

I suppose if she is disturbed by you waking then yes the move to her own crib at night might be of benefit to her. Many LOs are very happy co sleeping with their parents until they're a bit older, I think Tracy Says in one of the BW books these things are only a problem if it becomes a problem. That being said, it is easier to train a baby to sleep independently when they are younger, but it wil still take days of patience by you all.

Have a read here:
Shush-pat - How to
This technique can be used to help your LO settle herself to sleep. If you are ready for the moe to her crib at night too you'd want to start doing this in the daytime for her naps to help extend them and get her self soothing in the crib, then also continue into the night time. Is the crib in your room or a separate room?

~ Naomi ~

Offline Buttonbobs

• E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2014, 07:31:23 am »
Also, can I ask why you are going for two CNs in one day, you say if she wakes from second nap at 3 you'd do a 30 min nap at 3.30-4 and then a second CN at 6pm. Perhaps try shifting the CN to 5.30 on days when the second nap is shorter and then going to bed half an hour earlier too. It might be that the extra CN is making her sleep patterns a little strange.

But, it seems more likely that the 5am wake up is disturbance from you moving around in the morning.
~ Naomi ~

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2014, 14:05:53 pm »
We have crib in her own room but we can move to in our room as we used to. I have to say that we all and most children in Vietnam are co-sleep. It's something really different to have baby sleep in separate room so we extremely worry ;(. We dont have anyone to ask for except you.

We changed her schedule in 3 days only. Maybe that's problem.. How can i fix it? I tried shh pat before, sometimes it works, sometimes not. At 5am, She doesnt stay awake long, as soon as i pop the paci in, she tries to get back to sleep too. Sometimes she cry but she doesnt pop the paci out and eyes still close.

I do the other catnap because i thought it make dd have enough 2hours sleep and wont be ot?! So it isnt necessary? I will try other way as you said

Thanks again for your helping

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2014, 01:42:44 am »
After 3 days in a row, dd getting up at 5am, im  pretty sure she has habital waking and i want to try wake-to-sleep method.. But then she wake up at 2am and around 4 and around 6 to 7. She seems cant settle herself. I hold her and give the paci, she slept well, pop the paci out and slept for about 5-10mins and then wake up again. @@
I watched her wake up: she started whimper and then raised her legs and arms up, hit them down to the bed. That will wake her. I tried to hold her but just after a while she will awake. I tried shh pat, too but dont work. If it works, it's only a while. So i gave dd paci, and have to hold her again or she will keep raising leg up and scratching face/ears which makes she cant go back to sleep
Is she trying to practice new things?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 00:02:18 am by Linhi »