Author Topic: 8 weeks old - Difficult to keep EASY track  (Read 6217 times)

Offline Linhi

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 8 weeks old - Difficult to keep EASY track
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2014, 16:15:19 pm »
Im feeling sad & worry now. I have monitor to track baby crying when we watching movie in the living room. But today, when i reached to turn the monitor off, i found out it hasnt been turned on during 2hrs. I left the bedroom when i heard dd had deep breath (but the paci hadnt popped out). I dont know & i not sure did she cried like sometimes she did? I never want to try cio or leave her alone for crying.. i felt so guilty. How can i know that she didnt cry during that? I shouldnt depend alot on that monitor :((

Offline Buttonbobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2014, 21:18:14 pm »
Oh honey, sorry I've been away for a couple of days. Don't worry about that short time without the monitor, if she had cried properly you would have heard her. This is not CIO and you are there for her. (((Hugs)))
~ Naomi ~

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2014, 09:49:36 am »
I think DD is trying pratice 'new' thing that wake her up during night and nap also. As i wake before she wake i saw her legs raising up and down, hands scratching over face.

We swaddled her lastnight but she still wake up and around 10.30 cry because of sweaty, even we turn the cool mode on air conditioner.

We try shh-pat and pupd for her paci weaning now. She has eczema til birth, she use aveeno and it cured but the area around her mouth where (we think) paci scratch. It's really hard, she keep crying for 1h30. As soon as we pu, she stop crying, we comfort her and pd and then she cry even more. We tried few more times and it still the same, it is like she is crying for want us to pick her up so we keep patting instead. We keep patting when she cry and when she stop, we stop patting also.  She falled asleep twice but then wake up after 5-10 minute and start crying again.

It's really hard. Paci actually not the prop for us at all but we dont want it make her face worse. Are we doing it right?

Offline TB9

• Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2014, 00:13:22 am »
If you are trying to wean the paci, I would suggest posting any questions on the props board Props :)  You will hopefully get more responses to your questions on weaning the paci  if you start a new thread over there.

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2014, 16:20:14 pm »
Thanks. I just did :)

Is it only me feeling df is really hard? and DD always take about 1/2 amount she usally do

Offline TB9

• Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2014, 00:11:14 am »
The dreamfeed never worked for dd2 past 6/8weeks old or so.  I just stopped trying to give it to her eventually!

Offline Linhi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2014, 09:40:45 am »
Did she wake up at night for feed? Because mine has drop night feed, im worried if we dont df she cant hold til morning

Here is her easy

8am wake up /feed. Once day it was 7am.
9-9:30 s
11:15-11:30 wake up
12:00 e
13:30:s
15:15 or 15:30 a
16:00 e
17:15-18:00 cat nap (30-45')
19:15 massage/bathtime
19:45-20:00 e/s
23:00 df

Since we paci weaning, dd sleep better at nap but the catnap only last 15-20. We tried sh pat but not work. And also she woke up once to two times/ night.

Offline danaadell

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • FTM Rx
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2014, 21:06:51 pm »
I have the same issue with my 6 week old sometimes.  His A should be 1-1 15 minutes and sometimes the yawning starts at 30-40 minutes of A time (and then grumpy baby shows up 5-10 minutes after that). I think all babies are different but I am nervous that I am effecting night sleep if he is not awake enough during the day...
Warren Henry -- 2/7/14