Author Topic: 10 month old mid 2-1 NW and EW  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: 10 month old mid 2-1 NW and EW
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 20:27:57 pm »
I honestly find that after around this age tired signs are not as reliable but that's just my take on it. I know of some moms who've gone to 1 nap at 10months and just did a catch up day here and there to combat OT. It's really what your lo can handle. Im not sure what else to suggest except maybe cutting the CN to 20min and make sure there is a short A time before BT and keeping the day as close to 13hrs as you can.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 06:40:56 am »
Thanks sioban. I agree that jack's tired signs aren't necessarily reliable. One of the reasons I find him hard to read in the morning is that he'll either act tired all morning or not at all.  Nothing changes to let me know when to put him down. But I've done a LOT of different A times and different types of 2 nap days over the last couple of months to try and draw out 2 naps for as long as I can and have a pretty good idea of what he can handle now.  So if he's tired I have an idea of how much to shorten his A time to get a decent nap.  So I think I can use cues to let me judge how far to push him iykwim?!

The afternoons are better.  I can usually recover a bad AM nap by following cues in the afternoon. And I wouldn't have tried a cn as late as 4 / 4.30 without your advice,  so thank you cos that opens up possibilities I wouldn't have tried otherwise :)

The good news is that the NWs have gone, and J is overall getting 30-60 minutes more sleep a day, settling for bed without a peep and waking up from all his sleeps chatting :) That hasn't happened for weeks, if not months!  Still don't know if it was developmental, or whether going back to one nap has done it but hey!  I think I'll carry on alternating 1 and 2 nap days til we're through this, whenever that might be...

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 18:06:57 pm »
Great update. Hope it continues to go well. :)
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**