Author Topic: Lunch ideas for 16 month  (Read 1539 times)

Offline momma.bear

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: January 16, 2014, 02:26:24 am »
My 16 month old has been refusing his normal lunch of toast with hummus & cheese/ cream cheese/ peanut butter etc. for the past week now. Today I gave him oatmeal after he refused lunch again and he took it no problem. Just wondering what others are doing for lunches.
Our breakfasts are usually oatmeal or muffins or pancakes. Dinners are always rice or pasta, sometimes quinoa. That's why I try to have lunch as toast. I suppose I could do crackers, but I've offered them to him the other day after he refused lunch and most of it ended up being spit on the floor. Also, he'll eat egg, but only hard boiled, and doesn't really like the yolk, which is the most nutritious part!

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Lunch ideas for 16 month
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 03:19:58 am »
Have you tried more finger foods? A selection of Things Ie today t had
- chickpeas
- blueberries
- sml portion of bread with marmite
- homemade allergy friendly vege quiche.

Things like felafel, chunks of meat, boiled eggs, cucumber, mini muffins or scones, carrot sticks, cheese chunks (if not dairy intol), chopped up fruit, mini sausages...
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Mama2Athena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 03:23:47 am »
At 16 months, for lunch at daycare we were sending easy finger foods like cheese, chicken nuggets, deli meat, mini corn dogs, meatballs, and roasted chicken breast (all cut really small).  She also got a serving of carbs (bread or pasta) and fruit to go with lunch.  Fruit and carbs were always finished, the protein was hit or miss.  At home for dinner, we also offered rice, scrambled eggs, tofu, cottage cheese, yogurt and other foods that are messier. 

My DD is now 21 months and has really taken to more meat choices and food in general as she now has some molars for chewing.   
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 03:25:35 am by Mama2Athena »