Author Topic: Help! 4 mth old lost EASY on Christmas Break...will not sleep!!  (Read 668 times)

Offline Sarah-mom of 3

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Hello,
My angel 4 mth old used to be on EASY like clockwork, and he sttn (from 9:30pm - 5:30am) at 10 weeks.  Since Christmas break, everything has gone crazy and I'm so frustrated!  I keep him on EASY as much as i can, but he WILL NOT SLEEP longer than 40 min during the day unless i fight with him and eventually hold him.
 At night he sleeps from 9:00-1:00, but then wakes every hour (not crying, just fussing that escalates to whimpers..and then cries if i don't get to him)! I tried nursing him but he's never interested in nursing at night, so i rub his bum or pop in a paci and he goes back to sleep...for an hour.  At first i thought it was a paci prop issue since i replace it and he goes right back down.  But the past two nights he has settled with just my rubbing his bum and i've only really needed to pop the paci in at the 4:00 hour.  He does have a paci addiction, but he also has reflux (which he's on meds for), so i don't think i can take it away? 
Also, we swaddle and i've tried to wean him off that, but he WILL NOT go back to sleep unless both arms are snugged in tight. (we've had 45 min crying battles where i PUPD or even try with paci ...to no end.)
I've read up on making the 3.5-4 hour transition and we've been trying, but without the sleep, it's just not working!  I'm wondering if he's in an OT loop that i can't seem to break?  Wondering if i should work on making sure he gets 1.5-2 hr naps (with me holding him) before i try to tackle anything else?  During the day he's a smiley, happy-go-lucky little fellow! 
So tired...and so frustrated!  Please help!

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: Help! 4 mth old lost EASY on Christmas Break...will not sleep!!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 12:52:25 pm »
PU/PD is meant only as a last resort, after Shush-pat has been used and was not successful. Either way PU/PD is not suitable for babies with Reflux because it makes the stomach acid go up every time you put them down.

Would you like to post your day in an EASY format and we can have a look at his A times? It sounds like something needs a bit of tweaking to get better nights out of him.

Do you think the Reflux is under control?
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/