Author Topic: 15 week old- need to drop the dream feed and un-swaddle  (Read 999 times)

Offline juliana.s.burgess

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
15 week old- need to drop the dream feed and un-swaddle
« on: January 17, 2014, 21:47:36 pm »
Hello all,

I have a 15 week old (exclusively breastfed) and he is on a 4 hour schedule with a dream feed at 10:15pm.  He sleeps from 7:30pm/8pm to 7am (if he wakes early, he goes back to sleep typically or lays there happy).  I want to drop the dream feed and un-swaddle him.  What should I do first? And how should I go about it? Also, I just started going back to work and he will be going to my aunt's house during the day for child care starting on Monday so I am also worried about so many changes at once.  Thanks! 

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 15 week old- need to drop the dream feed and un-swaddle
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 22:15:08 pm »
Hmm...with going back to work will he be having ebm or formula? And is he good with a bottle? I would hesitate to drop the df for a bit in case he starts doing some reverse cycling and waking more to feed. As for the swaddle...only DD1 was swaddled and we did one arm at a time once she was rolling.
Heidi

Offline juliana.s.burgess

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 02:58:12 am »
Thanks for your reply. He is good with a bottle. And I will be pumping and giving him expressed BM while working.  How should I drop the dream feed? Cold turkey?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 03:13:49 am »
Tbh I dont remember how I dropped it with DD1, with DD2 I switched the df to a bottle so I could reduce ounces and DD3 never would take a df! Do you feed both sides at the df? Perhaps try one side or less time?
Heidi