Author Topic: 4.5 mo night waking help!  (Read 948 times)

Offline Bowrach

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 22, 2014, 18:59:41 pm »
I started the 4 hour easy a few weeks ago and it has really helped my 4.5 mo with his naps, however he is still night waking. Before he would only nap for 30 min and now he naps for an hour to two hours.  We put him down around 7 and do the dream feed around 11. He usually wakes up around 2-3 and if I do not feed him he is up every hour until I get him up at 7. If i do feed him he usually takes 8oz and goes back to sleep until 6 ish. I know the book says not to feed during the night but I'm not sure what else to do. He has been doing good during the day on the 4 hour routine and eats about 8oz every 4 hours. Some days he eats less just depends. Any suggestions on what to do to help him to sleep through the night?

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 76
Re: 4.5 mo night waking help!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 22:39:05 pm »
If he's taking a full feed he's obviously hungry.  Just make sure he's taking full feeds in the daytime and that's about all you can do.

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 4.5 mo night waking help!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 22:41:18 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If it were me, I would feed and put back to sleep, especially if he wakes hourly when you don't feed...that would indicate to me that its true hunger. If he was waking every hour and needed a feed to get back to sleep, that would be a different story. The book is just a guide and babies are all different. Dd1 needed a feed until 9 months, dd2 until 12months and dd3 started sleeping through without a dream feed around 4months BUT she still woke some nights up to 2 times (around 11ish and early morning) and I would feed her at both times and just because she slept through one night, wouldn't mean she would sleep through the next. That was ok with me because I knew it wasn't a prop issue and she emptied the breast and was hungry. She started sleeping through more and more between 4months and 7 months (again, some nights waking for a feed) and recently (about a month ago) started sleeping through consistently.

So follow your babies cue and if he's hungry, feed him ;D

Edit to add - posted with Sarah ;)

20/06/2012 - my angel baby