Author Topic: almost 10 month old still waking 2 or 3 times through the night  (Read 1139 times)

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
almost 10 month old still waking 2 or 3 times through the night
« on: January 21, 2014, 07:46:48 am »
Hi my lo is almost 10 months and she has slept through from 6.30pm to 6am only 3 times.  She was doing well though only waking once at around 4 but settling again after being given some water.  However, on saturday she slept from 6.30 until 6.15 and i was so happy but then sunday night and last night she was practically awake all night.  On sunday she was up at 9.30, 11,1,2 etc and i have a feeling she just didnt go to sleep at all.  Last night she was up at 1 and didnt resettle until around half 2 and then up at 6.  She can go to sleep herself she does have a dummy but put it back in no problem.  Could she be hungry. We havent given her milk for a while now through the night.  Her easy yesterday was:

Wu: 6.15

S 8.45-10.00

S 1.00 - 2.15

Bt 6.15

Sometimes at the minute she is only having an hour in the afternoon. She will generally go down for her nap in the morning sometime between 8.30-9 and her afternoon nap is normally between 1-1.30 and she has aboit 1hr15-1hr30 per nap.  I havetried extra blankets, calpol, less blankets.  I have tried gibing her her dinner later at 5 amd earlier at 3.30 and nothing seems to help.  Any suggestions?

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: almost 10 month old still waking 2 or 3 times through the night
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 11:23:34 am »
is she working on anything new like pulling up? does she seem to eat well during the day?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 15:12:55 pm »
She has an 8oz bottle in the mornin (3 of it is used for her porridge) a 4oz bottle at lunch time and 8oz at bedtime and she has 3 meals a day.  She is actually almost walking now and can stand without holding on to anything but normally when she cries through the night shes lying down.  At first she would stand and get stuck but she can sit back down herself now without falling so just not sure why she's waking.  Could it be because everything is just happening so fast for her maybe?

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 18:44:45 pm »
Hi hun I can commiserate. My lo didn't sleep through the night till 10month ether. What is she like when she's waking at night. Does she wake crying right away or start to fuss after a while? I think that first nap could be too early? The one night she was off has that happened again or could it be she was just in discomfort that night. Could she be teething?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 21:25:34 pm »
Alot of the time when she wakes in the motn she cries.  I can't hear her moving about before it and when i go to her and shush a little she will settle straight away normally.  If its about 4am or after then she will talk away to herself and move about like she's not tired anymore but usually snoozes until around 6-6.30 and then starts crying.  She wasnt as bad last night she woke around 3 but didnt resettled for about half an hour and then slept until 6.30. 

I guess it could be teething she's been drooling quite a bit lately.  I also agree with you for her first nap.  The way her routine has gone is partly because i take her out about 2 or 3 in the afternoon and if her first nap is too late then the second nap will suffer.  Also, she seems to sleep really well at that time and it is the better nap of the two but i am edging her a bit later each time.  This morning i put her down at 8.50 and she slept until 10.30 tomorrow i think i'll try 9am and gradually make it to 9.30but i don't know what to do about the afternoon nap as it will fall too late for us to go out.  It is only twice a week i take her out at that time though.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 00:06:40 am »
I would push her nap every few days by 10min and see what you get for naps. I"m not sure what to tell you about the days you take her out except it's up to  you if you continue to do that or not. If she resettles that quickly it may not be teeth related but you could always try Dream meds for a few days and see if that makes a difference.

**Siobhan**

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 21:33:37 pm »
Thx i tried meds through the night she settled ok.  She was up 3 times but slept until 7 which she rarely does and then i didnt put her down until 10 and she seemed ok :-) normally she is rubbing her eyes an hour after she's up but i'll try to make the nap later each day so she get up later.  Instead of taking her out after her second nap i took her out between naps today but for some reason she refused her second nap altogether and i'm not sure why as  she was tired for it but just kept crying and moving about until i got her up.  She has been asleep now since 6.30 pm but did wake at 8pm for a minute or so.  Hoping she has a better night!

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 19:21:07 pm »
I would also try meds about 20min before a nap to see if that helps. She may just be teething and it's disturbing her sleep.

**Siobhan**