Author Topic: Sudden severe nut allergy  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Lemonthyme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
Sudden severe nut allergy
« on: March 09, 2014, 10:12:04 am »
Sorry, slightly off topic because this is about an adult friend but she has recently developed a sudden and severe nut allergy.  With all of your knowledge, is there anywhere you've tried to eat out in the UK where you feel 100% sure they take nut free seriously?  Last time she ate out, she ended up having CPR  :o
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Sudden severe nut allergy
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 01:01:19 am »
Wow that's terrible! What type of nut was is? Some nuts are 'diff' from others ie cashews, pine nuts.

No help though sorry :-*
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Mama2Athena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 03:27:43 am »
Wow!  How scary!  I don't have any suggestions as I'm in the US.

One of my best friends suddenly developed a shellfish allergy in adulthood.  On my wedding day (she was in the party) she ended up in the ER after eating shellfish.  I was very shocked since I've dine with her on plenty of other occasions and shellfish was never a problem until that day.  She now carries an epi pen.

Both my brother and I developed a nut allergy around age 7 and 9.  We were pretty much allergic to any types of nuts (peanuts, cashews, walnuts, etc).

Offline stuckunderhere

• Showing Appreciation 2
    • Micah's FPIES Life
Re: Sudden severe nut allergy
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 17:58:21 pm »
Keep in mind the body and all its systems cycles every 7yrs. So it is not unusual to have a new allergy or have some dissapear later on in life...

My husband has now developed a dairy and almond allergy (we are still unsure about other nuts as he hasn't tried yet)... And being at least gluten intolerant if not full on Celiac (being tested soon), this sucks!
~Sarah~
Proud mama bear to:

Samuel - 10
Elijah - 6
Micah - 3