Author Topic: How fast do you see reaction - dairy  (Read 2419 times)

Offline 1sttimemamma

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« on: January 29, 2014, 18:31:14 pm »
Hi! I have 11 week old EBF baby. I don't eat dairy, gluten, eggs, soy, chocolate, caffeine, corn, gassy veggies, garlic, onions. I might be missing a few??

Monday night, I went out after bedtime with friends and had some dairy - it was a kale salad with dairy dressing and parmesan cheese. I also had wine and french fries. The salad was split between three people - so a small amount.

Tuesday he was fine in the morning, but as the day progressed he was gassy and restless and refusing naps.

Wednesday (today), he was happy but then suddenly crying with real tears and SUPER gassy. Finally, he pooped and it was super runny - like right out the diaper - and greenish yellow with CHUNKS of mucous. Cleaned him up and he finally is napping (but probably for 30 min which is his usual).

Can that small amount of dairy have such a big effect?? Or was it something else?

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: How fast do you see reaction - dairy
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 21:03:14 pm »
Hi there, Olly would def react if I had small amounts of dairy. They have tiny bodies so tiny amounts to us have a big impact IMHO xx

Offline 1sttimemamma

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 21:37:26 pm »
Thanks! How long will it "leave" his body?

I just found out earlier this morning that I'm intolerant to several other things. So, I'm going to eliminate those pronto. Just curious how long that slip up with dairy will leave him.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 22:54:08 pm »
Not sure tbh. Olly was allergic so once he had vomited it up it was gone. He had a lot if other probe which could have masked any other symptoms though.

It is all a learning curve at such a young age. Experiences like this will help you to understand your LO a little more x

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 01:20:47 am »
Really depends on the baby...DD3 when younger would be affected for a day or so with a slip...but now I think she is more tolerant as I have added dairy in small amounts with no discernible effect! Still off of soy and eggs though.
Heidi

Offline 1sttimemamma

• Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 03:37:26 am »
One of the things I found out I'm intolerant to is yeast - so that night I had wine as well and wine has yeast in it. I'm also intolerant to coffee beans and I had decaf this morning. And I'm highly intolerant to almonds and peanuts and I had massive amounts of almonds yesterday. So I'm thinking once I stop all this food - it will make a difference.

Has anybody done IgG food testing?

Offline Me.and.my.two.boys

• Showing Appreciation 41
  • Me and my boys ❤️
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 22:44:01 pm »
I haven't done the testing but C is dairy free and when I had a curry which turned out to have dairy in it, he had terrible pain, sick and poos for about 2 days and then it seemed to pass. I hope your LO is feeling better soon.

I don't think that he will have the same intolerances as you per say - the fact that you are intolerant to these things may not affect him but cutting them out totally will allow you to get him back to normal and then introducing (whatever you can tolerate) will help pinpoint the allergy.

C is 16 months and we still haven't started reintroducing - the curry incident was when he was 11mo and I didn't want to hurt him again so soon :( it's hard isn't it?
Kelly, mum of two amazing boys 2008 and 2012

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 13:29:56 pm »
Hey, I was just reading this post and it made me think.... is by baby Lactose sensitive? He is EBF, 3 months, and frequently quite gassy. Also, when I put him down for naps, he squirms like crazy. His father is lactose sensitive (not intolerant, but gets quite gassy when he drinks straight milk... lucky me  :-\ ) so I am wondering of that can be inherited? I do consume a lot of dairy- milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, whip cream, etc. the list goes on.  ;D

Just wondering....