Author Topic: New here and have a baby who eats a whole lot  (Read 5065 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: New here and have a baby who eats a whole lot
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2014, 08:47:30 am »
I know you only just had the meds increased but the gas and stuffy nose could possibly be reflux related.  Not really sure what to suggest though other than monitoring it and having him seen again if he continues to have discomfort. Could it be that he grew even more the last week??  Or sometimes a different medication is needed, but I don't really know about different meds - it's just a thought.

Sounds like you are bonding wonderfully :)

Offline PuppyLuf

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 01:48:28 am »
He doesn't seem to have grown as much.  We are going for our two month visit soon.  The gas has always been present, meds or no meds.  The stuffy nose is gone.  My mom and I were both ill with norovirus, and he seems to have gotten a little bit sick right after that.  He had a stuffy nose, slept a lot, vomited once, and had diarrhea three times.  The ped said to give him electrolyte replacement and put some saline drops in his nose.  He was fine this morning and actually had a pretty fantastic day.  He's now doing a 3 hour EASY with two times being 3 1/2 instead of 3, as that seems to motivate him to eat a bit more before bed and therefore last 4.5 hours between night feeds now.  There's almost no spit-up after the two meals before which he has his Prevacid (doc said two doses) and minimal spit up for the rest. I hope it stays good.

Offline tarala

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 02:28:13 am »
Poor guy! Hope you find a routine that works. I forget if you said what bottles you use, but we found the Playtex Ventaire bottles made a huge difference for our gassy, fussy 2 month old.

Offline PuppyLuf

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 02:35:39 am »
Thanks!  I use Tommee Tippee bottles that have a vent that prevents air ingestion.  I tried Dr. Brown's bottles, too, but there was no major change between the two bottles.  Seems he's just blessed with gas.  :/

Offline Buttonbobs

• Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 08:33:27 am »
This sounds like a good improvement :) sorry to hear you guys have been sick, ((hugs)) hope you all get well and stay well xxx
~ Naomi ~

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 12:32:45 pm »
Have you tried some leg cycling and gentle upwards (towards his opposite shoulder) exercises? I used to get a load of gas out of DS that way, would do it just before naps usually (the longest time from feed possible so I didn't make him sick) and literally the gas popped out as I pumped his leg in a rather amusing way like playing the accordion!

Hope you are all recovered from the virus!