Author Topic: almost 7 month old awake every 45 mins  (Read 1016 times)

Offline momoftwo2013

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 04, 2014, 11:48:22 am »
In desperate need of support before we crack and resort to CIO.

Our almost 7 month old is on the EASY routine every 4 hours from 7am-7pm. Follows day routine very well and take 2 two hour naps from 9-11 and 2-4.

Seems happy during the day.

Bedtime comes and she goes down without a fuss but 45 mins later she wakes. And it continues about every 45 mins until 4 or 5am when she will sleep until I wake her at 7am.

At my wits end here.

To make it better we have a toddler who screams and wakes her sometimes shortly after I put baby to sleep at 7pm.

I've tried going in at 30 min mark to wake baby and put back to sleep but maybe I am doing this wrong?

HELP please and thanks.
Very desperate.

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: almost 7 month old awake every 45 mins
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 23:01:38 pm »
Hi there,

I wonder if maybe she's sleeping too much during the day. Could you try maybe to add a little A to her day and shorten her daytime sleep to 3 hrs so its something like this:

7am - wake
10-11.30 - morning nap
2.30-4 - afternoon nap
7pm - bedtime

Try adding 15mins every couple of days so that her A is around 3hrs (which is about the average for a 7mo).

What is she like when she wakes? Do you help her get back to sleep or she just awake and chatting? Have you started solids yet? Do you think she may be in some sort of discomfort?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline momoftwo2013

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 12:54:34 pm »
We started solids at 4 months. LO got sick and we are trying to get back on solids but BM seem to still not be better.

Yesterday took 2hr nap in morning and 1 hour in afternoon. Went to bed and slept 2.5 hours and then was up every hour after that and was awake from 1:30am-3:30am.
Could it be teething or tummy pain causing the waking?

We tried pu/pd but between 1-3 she just wouldn't sleep. Seemed like something was upsetting her. + did 2 BM middle of night (not normal for her).

How many more days can this baby go on little to no sleep every night?

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 09:55:13 am »
How are things going?

How much solids are you giving her? At this age, we were only offering dd3 breakfast (about 1-2 tablespoons) and maybe a little bit of lunch. Maybe its the solids that are giving her an upset tummy... I mean they still get a little bit uncomfortable with the introduction of solids but if its too much then maybe cut back? We also did milk first and solids about an hour later

20/06/2012 - my angel baby