Author Topic: Wakes every night at 9 pm with gas  (Read 914 times)

Offline malenka

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
Wakes every night at 9 pm with gas
« on: February 04, 2014, 15:52:40 pm »
DD wakes every single night at 9 pm with gas pain - her tummy is rock hard and she screams. Sometimes I manage to get a lot of gas out of her, other times she seems to just relax and drift back to sleep.

I give her lots of tummy time before bed to try to work the gas out, and I do my best to burp her after her last feeding (BF), although sometimes I can't get a burp out. She goes to bed easily, with no crying, so she's not swallowing a lot of air.

I'm at a bit of a loss here... Is this just her gut maturing? Could it be a teething issue? No teeth through yet, but signs of one on its way. Is it something I'm eating? But it only happens within 2 hours of bedtime. Her other night feeds aren't a problem.

I'm thinking of buying some gas drops to see if they help, but I would appreciate some suggestions if anyone has btdt.
Meredith - Mommy to

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: Wakes every night at 9 pm with gas
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 03:14:10 am »
Do you think she may be intolerant to something you're eating? You could try pressing her legs gently to her tummy (maybe include it into your bedtime routine) to let the gas out? I used to do this when the girls were really little and had gas issues. How old is she?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline malenka

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 14:37:32 pm »
She's almost 6 months old. We haven't started solids yet, and TBH I'm worried the gas is going to get worse when we do!

I do a ton of tummy time with her before bed to try to get the gas out, but still have problems. Last night she was up every 2 hours with gas pains  :'(  I try pumping her legs, and massaging her tummy, but the only way I can get the gas out is to put her on her tummy, which she clearly isn't keen on in the middle of the night!

Could be something in my diet, I'm just not sure what   ???  Yesterday I ate citrus in the evening, so I'm going to try to cut that out since last night was her worst gassy night yet.
Meredith - Mommy to

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 09:01:09 am »
How are things going Meredith? I often refer to Kellymom for any breastfeeding issues and I found this link for you... hope it helps  :)

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline malenka

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 00:45:46 am »
Oops, the link didn't appear in your post?

She's done a lot better these past couple of nights. I've cut citrus out of my diet, so maybe that was the culprit? I was probably overdoing it a bit as I was drinking OJ and eating pomelos as well. She is teething though, so could be that too.

Here's hoping the gas stays away!
Meredith - Mommy to