Author Topic: Waking before dream feed  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Laurenrobbo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Waking before dream feed
« on: February 04, 2014, 23:09:47 pm »
Wondered if anyone can shed some light on this? The last two nights my LO has woken before dream feed! I blamed it last night on him having his injections but it's happened tonight. Is it a growth spurt? He's 16 weeks 6 days

Nothing else has really changed. Last week he went onto 4 hour E. Naps have always been rubbish so he ends up with long A but this has always been the case (we are working on extending). He's FF and takes 6oz per feed, usually takes 7oz at dream feed. Sat and sun DF he only took 6oz, didn't wake before hand, but mon tues has been back to 7oz. A couple of day feeds today I upped to 7oz but he only took 6.5oz ish at both! So last night he woke at 1010 I wasn't sure why so resettled and he was kinda whining/stirring when I did DF at 1035, last night there was a few NW I put down to injections, but had to feed him at 0445 as he wouldn't settle! Tonight just I was getting ready to come upstairs at 1025 heard him again starting to whine! Both times when I've been in and picked him up as I've sat down his fingers are going for the bottle and mouth is open trying to find teat so I'd say he's hungry. Our easy past 2 days have been pretty much same especially E it's just naps that vary but it's roughly  been

WU 0700
E 0730
A
S 0900
A
E 1130
S 1200/1230
A
E 1530
A
S 1730 (30 mind always )
E 1800 (snack 4oz)
A bath etc
E 1900
S 1930

Any ideas? Do I need to tween something? Of just feed more?

Thanks in advance
L x

Offline Laurenrobbo

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Waking before dream feed
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 22:12:17 pm »
So upped all his bottles to 7oz today and he's taken 6.5 plus per feed but not completely finished a bottle. And he's just woken at 0950, and not not just fussing (he did this at about 0915 but re settled himself) he's woke crying sounding distressed, so I've given him his dummy to extend DF till nearer 2230

What would you do? Just feed or try to extend? I don't want to extend if this use of dummy will mean a habitual waking in the future for the dummy!?? And any ideas what could course him to wake early? Tonight his last feed was about 1900 so only 4 hours previous
Confused.com with this child!

L x

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 22:24:30 pm »
I would say it's OT making him wake early - waking pre-midnight like that is generally always OT related. You said his naps are short - I can't see from the EASY you posted how long his naps were, so how long did he sleep for?

Laura

Offline Laurenrobbo

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 22:56:11 pm »
Ok that's interesting so not hunger!

Good question on the naps - I have another thread for this! Nothing consistent yet!

It used to only be 30 min naps maybe 3/4 a day !!! But last two days I've managed to extend one! So currently it's 30/35 in the morning. Between 2/3 hours after lunch and cat nap of 20/30 mins before bath!

What is interesting is when he had the very short naps he never woke before DF and even a couple of times after DF went through to 0700!!

So what would you do say if he woke at 10? Feed to settle or dummy to push on for half an hour?

L x