Author Topic: 10 mth old schedule  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Jemimah

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 27, 2014, 19:56:56 pm »
Getting ready to transition to 3 BF a day and want to make sure I am on track.  Would I switch the after morning nap BF to before AM nap snack? 

Something like this?
WU & BF: 6.15/6.30
breakfast: 8
Snack:10
Lunch: 12.30/1
BF: 3.30
Dinner: 5.30
BT&BF:7

I am dropping AM feed starting Feb as he will be 10 mths and I am getting organized to go back to work.  Will a solid snack be sufficient to replace an entire BF?  When is acceptable to drop PM feed?  Should I do at the same time?  I am back to work in 5 weeks.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 10 mth old schedule
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 22:40:28 pm »
I'm not totally sure I am reading your post correctly but I think you are planning to replace the mid morning milk feed with a solids snack?  Is that right?  Sounds fine to me. The times you've posted look fine too, obviously you have to work around naps however you can.
A solids snack and a sippy of water is fine to replace a bf, if he needs to he'll increase his milk somewhere else.  Don't forget solids dairy counts towards his daily intake too so if you are concerned you can offer some cheese finger food and crackers or a yoghurt.
At 10 months it's fine to drop to two milk feeds although personally I'd prob do one first then the other rather than both the same day.  If you are concerned about dairy intake after dropping the second milk feed you can increase the dairy solids.  You need to keep 2 milk feeds until 12 months, then either switch to cows or continue bf whichever you prefer.
hth

Offline StephinScotland

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 20:37:10 pm »
Hi!
My wee boy is nearly 10 months and I've just finished my second week at work... I'm working three days a week, two of which he spends with a childminder and day three with Dad. The wee man is still on four BF a day but he's mostly refusing to take the milk I pump at work - we've tried bottles, cups, sippy cups and all sorts but he hardly ever takes it, the childminder offers him toast in the morning and fruit in the afternoon but I'm not sure he's getting enough those days as he wakes at night hungry :-( ... Shame cos the pumping at work is ok and I get around 100ml each time - but he's not wanting it if it's not from a boob. We did give him bottles when he was younger but then just completely forgot which bites us in the back now... Are you planning to express at work and give expressed milk at all?

Offline Jemimah

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 21:20:02 pm »
I dropped the morning BF that was at 11.30 after his AM nap with cheese and sippy of water at 9.45 (before his AM nap.  He loves cheese so it works well.  2 days later I dropped his afternoon BF  which was around 3.30 with Yogurt and fruit at 2.30.  It was a hit too.  He hasn't looked back at missing either BFs and my boobs are adjusting fine too ;)

It is much easier to manage and schedule is very similar to any childminders/child care facility.

So this is what we do now:

WU: 6.15 and BF
Breakfast: 7.30
Snack: 9.45
Nap: 10.10-11.40
Lunch: 12/12.30
Snack: 2.30ish
Nap: 3.15ish (1/2 hr)
dinner: 5.30
Bf: 6.45
BT: 7

AND the best part of it all is that he has not STTN in 10 mths.  HE was a constant NW, and know he does!! ;D

THT

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 21:51:12 pm »
Pleased to hear it's gone smoothly for you :)

Offline Jemimah

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 23:44:46 pm »
Creation - thanks to your advice and guidance!!