Author Topic: Help with wake to sleep method please! Anyone has tried it?  (Read 951 times)

Offline Dianaalford

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Help with wake to sleep method please! Anyone has tried it?
« on: February 12, 2014, 16:27:37 pm »
Help please!! Wake to sleep method worked wonders but only for a few days!! My baby is 6 months and she had never slept through the night. She would always wake up at least twice a night. She is excusively breastfeed and not eating solids yet (we keep trying but she is not interested). We have a very consistent bedtime routine. She goes to bed by 7:00 pm every night ad for a couple months she was waking up at 11 pm, 2:30 am and up for the day at 5:30. I was beyond exhausted so we tried wake to sleep. For four nights we woke her up at 10 pm to attack the 11 pm waking and she ended up sleeping between 11 and 12 hours each night!!my husband and I were so excited! However on the fifth night we didnt wake her up at 10 to see what happened and she ended up waking up at 2:30, then again at 4:30 ish and up for the day at 6. Its been 4 nights already and she has woken up two nights at 2 and every night at 4 so the 4 am seemed more consistent so Yesterday we set our alarm clock at 3 to wake her up but she ended up waking up at 2!
I just want so bad for her to go back to sleeping 11-12 hours again!! Right now I am so confused as to what to do. I wonder if we should have woke her for more days at 10 pm? Should i try waking her at 10 pm again or will it backfire as she is no longer waking up at 11? Should we try to wake her around 1 or 3 am? Your advice would be so much appreciated!! Thank you so much for reading and have a blessed day!

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: Help with wake to sleep method please! Anyone has tried it?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 23:00:54 pm »
Hi there,

Sorry I don't really have w2s advice since I've never really done it but maybe she needs a routine tweak, which is causing these night wakings? Did you want to post her EAS for us to have a look?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline ollieAra

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Help with wake to sleep method please! Anyone has tried it?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 19:55:16 pm »
I actually started to try this over the weekend for naps.  Worked really well the first time and the second time he started coughing (cold) and woke himself up.  Haven't tried it long enough to answer your question  but feel your pain. Good luck.