Author Topic: 11 month EW and never slept through  (Read 889 times)

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
11 month EW and never slept through
« on: February 14, 2014, 07:10:26 am »
Hi, my 10.5 month old has never been a great sleeper and rarely sleeps past 6.30am but recently she's waking up every 3 to 4 hours and then wants to be up at 5 in the monring.  I thought maybe her naps were too long and her morning nap was too early so i tweaked a bit.  Her EASY is:

Wu between 5-6

Up at 6.15
E7.00 porridge and 6oz bottle (2 oz of her formula used in porridge)
S9.30 for 1.5 to 2hrs

E11.30 lunch with juice or water
S3.00 for 45 mins to an hour

E4.00 dinner plus 8oz of milk
S7.00

Do you think her second nap is too late? Her morning nap was always the easiest so i thought i'd keep that one but since I'vestarted keeping her up longer in the morning the second nap is becoming too late.should i wake her at 3.30 or later bedtime?

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 11 month EW and never slept through
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 10:13:39 am »
For us, morning nap too early or too long would cause early wake ups. She's at the start of the 2-1 nap transition and you can keep the long am/short pm nap but I would probably look at limiting her am nap to 1.5hrs and offer pm nap around 3.5hrs A so that bedtime is slightly earlier too. So you could try something like this:

9.30am - morning nap
11 - wake her from nap
2.30 - afternoon nap
3.15 pm - wake her from nap
6.15pm - bedtime

Eventually you will probably have to push the afternoon nap to 3pm and maybe shorten it to 30 or even 20mins so that bedtime isn't so late.

When she wakes at night, do you have to help her somehow to get her back to sleep? Could she also be teething?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 11 month EW and never slept through
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 22:00:30 pm »
She has been teething and those nights she basically doesnt seem to sleep at all.  When she's not she normally wakes about 3 or 4am.  We normally give her calpol incase its teething or just some water.  She has a paci but just puts it in herself.  Do you think giving her the water is making her wake as if its a bottle of milk? Just wondering maybe if she is using the bottle for comfort?

I'll make sure her am nap isnt too long and see how that goes.