Author Topic: 3.5 Month Old Sleep Regression  (Read 988 times)

Offline MamaAshley

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 15, 2014, 05:07:37 am »
Hello out there! This momma is looking for advice about her 3 and a half month old who was amazingly sleeping between 8-10 hours at night for about 3-4 weeks. Suddenly in the last 2 weeks, she is only sleeping about 5-6 hours at once at night. From what I have read, this can happen at this stage. What I need to know though is if I should be feeding her at this time when she wakes. Up til now I have fed her when she wakes at night. She is quite hungry and feeds very well each time then falls back to sleep. Am I creating a bad habit (since she has clearly shown she is capable of sleeping thru the night) or is she actually hungry and will grow out of this phase,
Thoughts? Anyone else going thru the same?

Ashey

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: 3.5 Month Old Sleep Regression
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 07:23:38 am »
Hi Ashley, the thing about the 3.5-4 mth sleep regression is there is a big GS in the middle of it too ::) so developmental and GS and the start of teething. Personally, I would feed. And see how things pan out. Some LOs need NF on and off in the first 6 months as they grow at different rates. The rule of thumb unless your LO has issues like reflux is that feed no. Ore frequently at night than you would during the day. Most healthy babies still need up to 2 NF till 6 mths.

What is her routine ATM?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline MamaAshley

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 14:50:39 pm »
Thanks for your reply. ZacsMumme.

Right now, she feeds every 2.5-3.5 hours during the day. I put her down at night around when I go to bed (10-11). She is now waking pretty consistently between 4-5, feeds quickly and goes right back to sleep until 8 or 9. Two weeks ago she was going to bed at the same time and waking at the same time without the night feed. The regression started with a GS then she had a cold but now I would have thought she'd be back on track...so I worry she has formed a night-waking habit!

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 18:19:04 pm »
Honestly that's great Hun, she is doing well. I hate to tell u but she will likely NW on and off till all her teeth are in ;) Have you considered pd earlier at night now,she is over 2-3 mths old?
***Sara***

Offline MamaAshley

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 21:21:55 pm »
Thank you! I have considered putting her down earlier. May give it a try this week.

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 21:24:57 pm »
There are some sample routines on the EASy board faqs FAQ's - Frequently Asked Questions & Related Information it's a good time to start thinking about a BT routine and earlier BT. Hopefully if it works well you will get I me evening back to yourself :-*
***Sara***