Author Topic: 15 week old does not want to sleep in crib- HELP  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Exumama

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
15 week old does not want to sleep in crib- HELP
« on: January 28, 2014, 15:41:08 pm »
To starat I am a first time poster! Excited to be here to try and get some advise about my baby. 

So about 3 weeks ago our baby had aboout 3 nights where she slept through the night.  This is from 8PM at night until ^AM in the morning.  She waas sleeping in
her rock and play in our bedroom.  So we figured since she was out groowing her RNP it would be a great time to transition her to her crib. 

We started by putting her in her crib for naps and then eventually at about 12 weeks old we put her in the crib for night time.   It was going OK for the first week,
We would put her down at about 830.  She is EBF so I would feed her until she was drowsy and out her in her crib, she would fall asleep and wake up about 2AM to eat, and then again at 5AM.
I try to put her back down after the 2AM feeding but I have to get up for work at 530AM so its hard! 

Now for the past week and half we put her down at 830, she gets up at 1AM again at 3AM and at 5AM!!!  Its crazy.    I know its bad but I just dont even take her back to the crib she just sleeps
in our bed between myself and hubby.  But she sleep so peaceful there!  I am not sur what to do.

We have and extra bed in her room, So I have thought of sleeping in that bed so its easier to put her back in the crib.  Not sure what else to do!

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 15 week old does not want to sleep in crib- HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 03:34:02 am »
Ultimately its up to you whether you want her to sleep in your bed or in her cot. Dd3 was in our room and sometimes in my bed until about 3-4months, when I realised she was too awake and wanted to play with us rather than sleep, so the cot/her own room suited us best. I wonder though if your LO needs a routine change. You mentioned she goes to sleep at 8.30pm and then awake at 5am.. is that for the day? She may need an earlier bedtime as most babies do best on 11-12hrs of sleep, especially at that age. Would you be able to post your EAS?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline Exumama

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 22:26:39 pm »
S  830PM - Placed in Crib
E 1230/1AM - Crys to be fed,  I have tried letting her self soothe but that does not work
S 115AM - Back in Crib
E 330/4AM - Wants to be fed
A 6AM - Dad gets her dressed for daycare while I get read for work
E 630AM - Feed and then leave for daycare
A 7AM - Drop of to daycare
7AM-6PM is at Day care gets fed 3, 5oz bags (15ounces), takes 3 naps 1-2 hrs long sometimes 3hours if she is tired.
E 6PM (during pickup time I feed her about 2-3oz)
A 630-815
E 815 - We give her a bath and she breast feeds until she is partially asleep and I put her in her crib

She is EBF and eats about 32 ounces during a 24hr period

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 09:26:23 am »
Sorry its taken me so long to reply, I totally missed your reply! How are things going?

If possible, I would try for an earlier bedtime, depending on when her last nap has ended. I wouldn't let her be awake for more than 2hrs, so if her last nap ended at 5.30pm, her bedtime would ideally be 7.30pm.

Does daycare put her down during the day at specific times or just whenever they see her getting tired?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline Exumama

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 23:43:26 pm »
Thanks for your reply.  We were down to one night feeding in her crib!!! However for the past 2 weeks she has been fighting a cold and coughing, so we had to move her back to our room in her rock and play.  This week we are putting her back into her crib, but it looks likes the 4 month growth spurt is in effect!!!!  She is getting up about 3 times!.

Once the growth spurt passes I'll give another update.

Thanks