Author Topic: Help early wakings wont settle  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Florena49

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« on: February 18, 2014, 08:16:16 am »

So LO is 16 weeks now and his sleep is terrible! recently i managed to put him down for the night and hr would actually stay asleep rather than wake every 40 mins! But starting from 4am he keeps waking every 40 mins, this morning i have spent patting him from 5-6 continuously! Im so tired, but he just wouldn't settle unless i patted as soon as i stopped he would  start stirring and then wake. I got him up T 6.30 in the end because i simply couldn't pat anymore, im at loss what to do. I cant get up at 4am every morning, im a walking zombie!
Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Showing Appreciation 76
Re: Help early wakings wont settle
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 10:48:24 am »
He's not hungry is he?  Tbh if I can't settle dd2 within 20 minutes or if she wakes again within an hour, I feed her. I'd also be sure to wind him really well earlier in the night as for some reason it tends to flare up in the early am.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:50:43 am by Sarah - Enfys' Mum »

Offline Florena49

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 11:28:44 am »
I did think he might be to start with, but he comfortable goes without food for 4 hours in the night, so last night he was asleep at 7 and ate at 10.50 (previous feed at 6.30) then he ate at 2.30, not quiet 4 hours but i was to tired to resettle so i fed him. After 4am he is just so unsettled i can see that he is tired his eyes are closed and he does this head rubbing against the sheep skin he sleeps on to settle, he kept doing it, but just couldnt fall into a deep sleep even with my patting. I got him up at 6.30 and as its not his usual wake time he was crashing in just over an hour. I dont burp him in the night, but i will do now to see if that makes a difference at all.
Viktoria

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 14:36:39 pm »
No, if you fed him at 2.30 he's probably not hungry. We get this, a lot. It's incredibly draining. I do sympathise. What's his day like?  If Medi naps too much she'll be awake for hours around 4 am.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 14:41:06 pm »
I can see you have another thread going...  I'm going to ask for them to be merged for you.

Obviously the problem isn't that he's napping too much ;). I think you need to carry on with your swaddle/paci weaning and hopefully this early waking will get better.

Offline Florena49

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 14:53:57 pm »
Thank you Sarah, erm certainly not today first day of ST so cant say huge amount of sleep, but i must say day sleep never has any effect on nights, even if i tank him up on sleep all say or if he is OT from short naps the night is always the same. I will see how the weaning goes maybe the nighrs will improve in a week or so. So might be back later if no changes.

Thank you
Viktoria